Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pub Ghosts

Default Pub Ghosts

I have always loved a good ghost story and pubs always seem to be a good source. Sceptics may wish to look away now! A friend of a woman I work with was drinking in the Lamb at Swanley about 3 weeks ago when the normally docile pub dog suddenly started going crazy, hairs standing up and barking wildly. Its behaviour was so unusual that he took a photo on his mobile phone. You can clearly see the 2 regulars sitting at the bar looking at the dog whilst the landlady is behind the bar. No-one noticed the extra figure at the bar that appears to be the centre of the dog's attention until they looked at the photo on the phone. I have spoken to the guy who took this remarkable photo - he knows a bit about the history of the area and tells me that there was an old priory nearby and a building near the pub was previously used as the village mortuary. The pub itself looks like 2 Victorian cottages knocked into 1 but the image appears to be wearing robes. He is happy for me to reproduce it here and I will probably send it off to an expert paranormal site for further evaluation. Judge for yourself...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swanley Ghost.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	170
    Last edited by RogerB; 23-02-2010 at 09:32.

Hmmm.. it look bit too good for me. I think it was photo shopped but then I wasn't there in pub...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Did even the photographer not see the apparition until looking at his phone snap?

Without wanting to spirit your thread away from the paranormal Roger, would it be appropriate to invite suggestions as to which topical beers may have been available at the Lamb that day?

The guy doesn't sound like a hoaxer to me and he has been a friend of my work colleague for donkey's years so I don't doubt the photo's authenticity. Trick of light maybe but it doesn't explain why a docile dog would start going crazy like it apparently did.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    would it be appropriate to invite suggestions as to which topical beers may have been available at the Lamb that day?
    OK, I'm sure you won't mind. I'll get the ball rolling. How about;

Oakham Bishop's Farewell, or Blue Monk(ey) Evolution, or, better still, Blue Monk(-ey, same gag) BG Sips (bar ghost sips...?)

Yeah yeah, I can hear the barracking, I'll get me coat...
    Last edited by trainman; 23-02-2010 at 11:03. Reason: It's BG, not PG Sips

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

would it be appropriate to invite suggestions as to which topical beers may have been available at the Lamb that day?
    I'd have thought' Monkman's Slaughter' must be in with a shout.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Did even the photographer not see the apparition until looking at his phone snap?

Without wanting to spirit your thread away from the paranormal Roger, would it be appropriate to invite suggestions as to which topical beers may have been available at the Lamb that day?
    How about Anglo-Dutch Ghost on the Rim or same brewery At t'Ghoul & Ghost.

Maybe York Centurians Ghost or Tring Ghostly Knight.

Must be plenty more.

Was the TV showing An Inn Spectre Calls

I know, I know, coat!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post

I know, I know, coat!
    Oh dear, oh dear.

Once again showing my sci-fi leanings all I could see is the Emperor from Star Wars giving the dog instructions - 'Kill them, KILL THEM ALL....... Oh and a bag of pork scratchings and pint of BEAST'.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I just think it shows how bad the service is, he has been clearly waiting for ages to be served and the landlady just looks on - shocking
    MILD:

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Ouch! ....Or possibly The Grapes Of WRAITH.....Spooks.....The Saint?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.