Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 28 Feb 2010)

Managed to sink 6 pints last night after a stressful day in the office.

2 x Fullers Dicovery - Jugged Hare, Pimlico
    1 x No idea - The Expensie Cask Pub & Kitchen
    2 x Guests (no idea names or brewies) - Willow Walk, Victoria
    1 x Abbott - Willow Walk, Victoria

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HTM69 View Post
    1 x No idea - The Expensie Cask Pub & Kitchen
    2 x Guests (no idea names or brewies) - Willow Walk, Victoria
    Wow! Sunday sessions with MrB really do take a severe toll on memory cells HTM - even into the following week!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Wow! Sunday sessions with MrB really do take a severe toll on memory cells HTM - even into the following week!
    Well, when you have two blokes partially blocking your view of the clips, one just tends to just point and say 'I want that one'!

I do usually tend to note the guests I try

I've had a rotten week for beer so far, my top tip of the week is don't bother drinking in Thurso if you like decent beer. Two outlets for real ale, neither up to much, lots of "laagar" of course.

Thank god for Sheffield and the Harrogate beer festival so things can only get better.

A few weeks ago I mentined Brentwood IPA as being my dishwater of ther week. Yesterday I had another Brentwood beer called Spooky Moon and it was just as bland and tasteless. I don't think I will be in hurry to do a pub crawl of Brentwood. I think the Stonehenge Pigswill is ahead at the moment but with Mrs B out tonight and my culinary skills limited to "heat and eat" it would be rude not to pop along for curry night especially since there is terrestrial TV footy on making it a rare sporty 'Spoons night. God, I am morphing into Hoppy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I've had a rotten week for beer so far, my top tip of the week is don't bother drinking in Thurso if you like decent beer. Two outlets for real ale, neither up to much, lots of "laagar" of course.

Thank god for Sheffield and the Harrogate beer festival so things can only get better.
    Well, I had to look up Thurso on the map and it's hardly surprising to hear it's not a real ale stronghold.
    But with Sheffield imminent, plus a beerfest, you seem to have a perfect antidote lined up ob.

Well, I had to look up Thurso on the map and it's hardly surprising to hear it's not a real ale stronghold.
    But with Sheffield imminent, plus a beerfest, you seem to have a perfect antidote lined up ob.
    Thornbridge Jaipur at the Sheffield Tap will be the perfect antidote to the weirdest tasting Deuchars I've ever had, and a surfeit of Tennants with a free iceberg I don't mind cold laagar but not when it's -7 outside .

Actually the best beer I had was ice cold Hoegaarden served with a lump of lime in the glass.... I thought a lump of coagulated yeast had made it through the pipes

That's how bad it was

Thornbridge Jaipur at the Sheffield Tap will be the perfect antidote
    I suppose the Sheffield Tap may form the 1st & last venue of the day; if so, I think I'd leave the Jaipur until the latter visit.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Thornbridge Jaipur at the Sheffield Tap will be the perfect antidote to the weirdest tasting Deuchars I've ever had
    Have a good day tomorrow, sorry I couldnt make it this time. Have some Jaipur for me. (My decision was purely financial, but as you may recall from our West Riding trip my mother in law has been very ill. Unfortunately, she died on Saturday, so I'd have cried off anyway).
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I suppose the Sheffield Tap may form the 1st & last venue of the day; if so, I think I'd leave the Jaipur until the latter visit.
    Yep that was the plan, maybe a Wild Swan or something just to settle the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Have a good day tomorrow, sorry I couldnt make it this time. Have some Jaipur for me. (My decision was purely financial, but as you may recall from our West Riding trip my mother in law has been very ill. Unfortunately, she died on Saturday, so I'd have cried off anyway).

Sorry to hear about your mother in law, I will raise a glass of Jaipur on your behalf.