Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst Pub of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    You may have seen mention of this hair-raising site before, but it might open a few eyes...

http://samsmiths.info/
    Is it just me, or does the little logo that goes in the browser tab have sinister connotations?

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Is it just me, or does the little logo that goes in the browser tab have sinister connotations?
    Yes it does look a little that way,
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    You may have seen mention of this hair-raising site before, but it might open a few eyes...

http://samsmiths.info/
    That's interesting-I clicked through and ended up on Sam's official site, and was intrigued to find a reference to the fact that their cask beers are "from the wood", as an old romantic of such things. I don't seem to see many Sam Smith pubs, even though we spend our down time in God's own county. I have many happy memories of OBB in Durham in the 70's, when it was about the only real ale in that City. Perhaps I ought to post on the (not so) boring brown bitter thread.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    I don't seem to see many Sam Smith pubs, even though we spend our down time in God's own county.
    One of Mr Humphrey's "little quirks" is no signage on the pubs, there are a fair few around but I don't think there is even a list on the official site. There is this though.
    Last edited by oldboots; 11-01-2013 at 18:33. Reason: too many r's / not enough i's

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    One of Mr Humprhrey's "little quirks" is no signage on the pubs, there are a fair few around but I don't think there is even a list on the offical site. There is this though.
    I joined the unofficial site of Samuel Smiths before i joined Pubs Galore,i used the same user name as i do on this site but did'nt understand how to post,they still send me a Christmas message.

I have been in 136 Samuel Smiths pubs and also done 34 in London,in trying to do all of their pubs i wrote a letter to the brewery listing all of the pubs i had been in and asked for a list of their tied houses,i got no reply or my long list of pubs i sent to them.
    This really pissed me off.

I have taken lots of photos of Samuel Smiths pubs and lots of the older ones still have their Samuel Smiths signage on them.