Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New pubs visited 2013

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I love clicking on a postal town to see every pub photographed and reviewed.. Top man
    I visit the ones that are also marked closed - just in case. Most are still closed, or gone for good now. What can be a problem is if someone adds (and did for wolvo) loads of pubs that have no picture, or review/notes, which were in fact closed and demolished from the Victorian period to the 1960s - lucky i know the area (having once worked there) so many were deleted - and Dave has a list of a few more to do when he gets the time.

Funny though, I was thinking the other day that nobody likely reads my reviews, still, off to Wales at the end of the month, so Quinno and AlanH may take a peek at them!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    off to Wales at the end of the month, so Quinno and AlanH may take a peek at them!
    Which bit?

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I visit the ones that are also marked closed - just in case. Most are still closed, or gone for good now. What can be a problem is if someone adds (and did for wolvo) loads of pubs that have no picture, or review/notes, which were in fact closed and demolished from the Victorian period to the 1960s - lucky i know the area (having once worked there) so many were deleted - and Dave has a list of a few more to do when he gets the time.

Funny though, I was thinking the other day that nobody likely reads my reviews, still, off to Wales at the end of the month, so Quinno and AlanH may take a peek at them!
    I love to find I am following you to a pub, as I can then read your review and know it is so good and descriptive I don't need to add a lot!! I don't like to go round and find pubs on my list closed, which is why I do tend to stick to good beer guide ones in a town, and look in others while passing if I have time.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Which bit?
    Aberaeron - which i know you will know!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I love to find I am following you to a pub, as I can then read your review and know it is so good and descriptive I don't need to add a lot!! I don't like to go round and find pubs on my list closed, which is why I do tend to stick to good beer guide ones in a town, and look in others while passing if I have time.
    Thanks Gill
    MILD:

Aberaeron - which i know you will know!
    Some of my most damning reviews were about a few pubs there. And some of my most complimentary! http://aberpubs.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Some of my most damning reviews were about a few pubs there. And some of my most complimentary! http://aberpubs.blogspot.co.uk/
    And Mrs Soup has just contacted me saying she has received an email to the effect that the cottage was already booked -
    MILD:

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    20 new pubs for me done yesterday in Market Drayton,Newcastle under Lyne and Stoke brings my new pubs done for the year up to 146.
    22 new pubs done yesterday,16 in Mexborough and 6 in Swinton brings my new pubs done in 2013 up to 168.

I'll stay on me own

22 new pubs done yesterday,16 in Mexborough and 6 in Swinton brings my new pubs done in 2013 up to 168.
    6 new pubs done yesterday in Clay Cross and area brings my new pubs done for the year up to 174,i have now done all pubs in Clay Cross over the years and was surprised how much decent real ales were in the pubs.

6 new pubs done yesterday in Clay Cross and area brings my new pubs done for the year up to 174
    Eight in Reading brought me up to 172. Otley next week should get me a few more.
    Come On You Hatters!