Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Great pubs and great bar staff

This Space For Hire

Default Great pubs and great bar staff

Over the last few months I've been aware of 3 people moving between some of the best pubs in the north.

Chloe from The Grove in Hudderfield to Marble Arch in Manchester
    Tyler from Foley's in Leeds to Friends of Ham
    Dean from Foley's in Leeds to Brewdog in Manchester (ok, ok!)

Foley's apparently is going downhill as Dean and Tyler were the beer gurus there AFAIK. Chloe made the Grove a very calm and friendly place to visit.

I vaguely remember a pub in Llanbadarn Fawr, Ceredigion, being very welcoming (Black Lion I think) before the ownership changed and it started to struggle.

There's not many other bar staff I can think of who seem to make a venue their own and improve the place immeasurably. The above 3 were clearly headhunted...

Any others?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

The Harp wouldn't be the same place without Binnie and she certainly keeps her girls in line behind the bar.

I am bad with names but the chap who runs The Old Fountain is the reason it is such a beacon in the London real ale scene.He is a quiet old school guv'nor and I will be popping in there next week for a major session,so hope he is still there.

Will think on ,I am sure there are lots more I could come up with....
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    The Harp wouldn't be the same place without Binnie and she certainly keeps her girls in line behind the bar.
    The Harp wouldn't be the same without Sarah either,she knows her stuff.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I am sure loads of pubs fit into this category, but one I highly rate is The Barley Mow. Well run, good beer, friendly and free range eggs for sale. what is not to like?
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Over the last few months I've been aware of 3 people moving between some of the best pubs in the north.

Chloe from The Grove in Hudderfield to Marble Arch in Manchester

There's not many other bar staff I can think of who seem to make a venue their own and improve the place immeasurably. The above 3 were clearly headhunted...
    Ohh, that's a loss. Chloe and Ian were proper double-act at the Grove and were an intrinsic part of the experience. I'll have to get to this Marble Arch ASAP!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Ohh, that's a loss. Chloe and Ian were proper double-act at the Grove and were an intrinsic part of the experience. I'll have to get to this Marble Arch ASAP!
    Home of the Marble brewery so well worth it! Usually about 7 of their brews on with a couple of guests. Decent food. A little pricy to be fair, but worth the short walk out of town.

The area it is in has a good 5 or 6 pubs which deserve a visit - I'd tie it in with the Angel, Castle Hotel, Smithfield Hotel and of course Port St Beer House.

You probably have to break Manchester into three parts to truly do it justice. The above would be the Northern Quarter section, then I'd have a Deansgate/Castlefield crawl, and then a Salford borders one..