Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Out in Brum

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Default Out in Brum

Each time I pick up a new Out in Brum magazine, I salivate each time I see the Old Moseley Arms in Balsall Heath. I've wanted to visit this gem for quite some time, so at last I can proudly say I made the visit and what a brilliant time we had. Andy Ven visited on a cold day, same as ourselves but once inside the pub was warm, welcoming and had a good selection of top notch ales. Also there was a Beer Fest on, couldn't have timed it better. They have four seasonal fests per year, which is handy to know. Freshly made veg samosas on the bar and if that doesn't tempt, their kitchen knocks out some crackin currys. After spendin a good few hours it was a taxi to the NIA for the Twins of Evil concert - Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson - finishing up in the Welly.

Close to the Balti Triangle and it's a good place that I'd be happy to go in more often and it's not far to walk from there to the Prince of Wales and the Fighting Cocks in Moseley and handy for the number 50 bus back to the Anchor in Digbeth. Are you still in Brum tomorrow?
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

That's interesting to hear that there's a few more good pubs in the area. Will check it out next visit. Our visit was on the 29th and I was a bit slow putting the post up, but certainly give you a shout next time in Brum.
    Last edited by Real Ale Ray; 08-12-2012 at 18:02.

The Birmingham CAMRA Facebook page has said today that the Craven Arms in Upper Gough Street (next to the Mailbox) is close to being bought by Black Country Ales and will close and then re-open after a refurb. Great looking pub that will hopefully benefit from a bit of TLC.

I went out in Harborne on Friday afternoon and I have to say it was a bit of a disappointment. I should have gone to Hockley instead.

Brewdog Birmingham opens this week in John Bright Street
    Waes hael!

Spritzer Swallower

The Old Mo is indeed a splendid pub in a somewhat unlikely location. Did you discover the upstairs room with pool table? Also the jukebox is quite comprehensive. Definitely one of the best pubs in Brum and thanks to the landlord, Suky, for making it so.

Having said all that I rarely get there these days, spending most of my nights out in The Anchor.... pool table is better!