Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with photos please

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I suspect the Victoria is this one The Victoria Inn , quite a bit of remodelling and an extension but that crooked roof line is the same, as are the chimneys.

No idea about the other is the name visible is the original? The photo numbers suggest it is probably another Dudley pub but Soupy will probably know it.
    Sorry oldboots i forgot to name the pubs,the Victoria Inn was one of them the other is the Rose and Crown,which was an Hansons tied house.

If the Victoria you found is the correct pub it looks a bit different from the one i went all those years ago.

Thanks for your help, Alan

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I suspect the Victoria is this one The Victoria Inn , quite a bit of remodelling and an extension but that crooked roof line is the same, as are the chimneys.
    I disagree look at the amount of countryside surrounding it and then look at a map, that's in my view is on the edge of the West Midlands. Could be wrong though.

The second one I thought looked like Brickmakers Arms but on checking it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    I disagree look at the amount of countryside surrounding it and then look at a map, that's in my view is on the edge of the West Midlands. Could be wrong though.
    I think OB has got this right. The roof line is distinctive. All the housing around there is new - look at the cars in Al's photo, it was taken 30 years ago by the look of it.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

I was looking more at the back ground of hills and nothing else and how that fits in with the location on a map than the newer houses directly around it.

Name and general building do clinch it, the setting made me doubt it.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 15-01-2014 at 18:23.

This Space For Hire

He's one I took a few years ago from a train before I got OCD. It's not on here but was situated https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Sal...01929&t=h&z=20 Junction of Garrisson Street and Midland Street just off the Grand Union Canal, In Bordseley, Small Heath or Saltley in Birmingham.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BURNT OUT PUB.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	1001

Any ideas? Sure I found out what it was years ago but if I can remember how I navigated the web to it.

Found it now.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 15-01-2014 at 18:52.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    He's one I took a few years ago from a train before I got OCD. It's not on here but was situated https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Sal...01929&t=h&z=20 Junction of Garrisson Street and Midland Street just off the Grand Union Canal, In Bordseley, Small Heath or Saltley in Birmingham.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BURNT OUT PUB.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	1001

Any ideas? Sure I found out what it was years ago but if I can remember how I navigated the web to it.

Found it now.
    Queen's Head, I think
    MILD:

This Space For Hire

Correct thanks for confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Sorry oldboots i forgot to name the pubs,the Victoria Inn was one of them the other is the Rose and Crown,which was an Hansons tied house.

If the Victoria you found is the correct pub it looks a bit different from the one i went all those years ago.

I would never have thought of THAT Victoria, although I remember the 'quirky' roofline. I don't recognise the other, I have to say - I have done most of the Black Country, so maybe it has now gone?
    MILD:

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post

Sitting at home on a rainy day off this one has grabbed my attention. I have spent far too long than is healthy trying to solve the second picture, there is just a chance, just a chance it could be Rose & Crown Inn which would require a serious makeover, chimney reduction, window alterations, new boundary walls and conservatory but the proportions work as does the power line above. Site next door would have been redeveloped too but looks on Alan's photo to be feasible. Unlikely but could be it.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Sitting at home on a rainy day off this one has grabbed my attention. I have spent far too long than is healthy trying to solve the second picture, there is just a chance, just a chance it could be Rose & Crown Inn which would require a serious makeover, chimney reduction, window alterations, new boundary walls and conservatory but the proportions work as does the power line above. Site next door would have been redeveloped too but looks on Alan's photo to be feasible. Unlikely but could be it.
    Hi Maldenman..... I know this pub very well and did think of it, but the place next door is The Bridge and a 30s rebuild, so it should be on the photo of Al's.
    MILD: