Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 107

Thread: Help with photos please

  1. #11
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ape_arrody View Post
    The pub is called Sams Bar on Frog Lane near the centre of Wigan.
    It was probably called The Colliers Arms when the photograph was taken.

    Beat me to it!

    I tried looking for Miners Arms, didn't think of Colliers. Eventually found it on Google maps street view by orienting on the church.

    Got any more for us, Alan? I'm quite enjoying this.
    Come On You Hatters!

  2. #12
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

    Got any more for us, Alan? I'm quite enjoying this.
    Thanks for all your help ape arrody and Shefield Hatter,that was the pub i was looking for to hyper link to my pub list.

    This one will be a lot harder,so i hope this one will keep you going for a while Sheffield Hatter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNV00071.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	785

    As you can see its a pub called the Rose and Crown which i think may have been done in the mid 90s,not really sure where this one is and i have been unable to find it looking through my photo's.

    My gut feeling is that it is somewhere in either the West Midlands or South Midlands.

    Cheers Alan

  3. #13
    Spritzer Swallower ape_arrody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for all your help ape arrody and Shefield Hatter,that was the pub i was looking for to hyper link to my pub list.

    This one will be a lot harder,so i hope this one will keep you going for a while Sheffield Hatter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNV00071.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	785

    As you can see its a pub called the Rose and Crown which i think may have been done in the mid 90s,not really sure where this one is and i have been unable to find it looking through my photo's.

    My gut feeling is that it is somewhere in either the West Midlands or South Midlands.

    Cheers Alan
    Rose and Crown at the junction of Manchester Old Road and Barker Street - Bury.
    Great fun. Any more?.

  4. #14
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    4,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ape_arrody View Post
    Rose and Crown at the junction of Manchester Old Road and Barker Street - Bury.
    Great fun. Any more?.
    Sadly, the landlady of this pub, Valerie (Butterworth) died recently (25th November). She was only 54.

    It's one of our regular haunts when in Bury.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  5. #15
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ape_arrody View Post
    Rose and Crown at the junction of Manchester Old Road and Barker Street - Bury.
    Great fun. Any more?.
    Once again thanks ape arrody,that pub is the right one it ties in well with other pubs i did in that area of Bury.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNV00017.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	786

    This one looks like it is called the Crown,i have no idea where it is but it does look more like a seaside pub,i have checked all pubs called the Crown on my list but none of these seem to match this pub.

    Cheers Alan

  6. #16
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    This one looks like it is called the Crown,i have no idea where it is but it does look more like a seaside pub...

    Crown Hotel


    That was a bit too easy. Any more?
    Come On You Hatters!

  7. #17
    This Space For Hire Rex_Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Malden
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystery Pub.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	789

    How about this one? It's in London for sure.

  8. #18
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    I think it is (or rather was) the Pavilion.

  9. #19
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystery Pub.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	789

    How about this one? It's in London for sure.
    It's just what it says on the tin: Three Bridges. It's at 153 Battersea Park Road SW8 4BX but not in Pubs Galore. See it here on street view. According to this it's now a pizza restaurant. If you've got a photo you should add the (closed) pub.

    Next!
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 05-12-2012 at 20:56. Reason: corrected street view url
    Come On You Hatters!

  10. #20
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I think it is (or rather was) the Pavilion.
    I don't think it can be ,the upper building is different, number of windows and the corner of the building is different.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Similar Threads

  1. Pub Photos
    By Al 10000 in forum Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 15:04
  2. Oldest Photos ??
    By Delboy20 in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 12:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •