Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Magic Rock "Takeover" at the William IV

Default Magic Rock "Takeover" at the William IV

On Sunday the 9th of December there is a "takover" by Magic Rock Brewery at the King William IV in Leyton. I have seen the list and there are four cask ales (the regular Rapture, Curious. Highwire and Dark Arts) plus 12 Keg offerings (I'm assuming that these are Keykeg not fizzy rubbish).

The keykeg ones would seem to be a mix of a few of their regular beers plus special "barrel aged" versions of others. I suspect that some of these may be a bit on the strong side.

I have yet to establish what the prices will be but when I have tried Dark Arts and Highwire as cask guests they were the same good value price as the Brodie's casks. I found the Dark Arts and Highwire to be very enjoyable drinks.

Given that there are only four casks, I can safely assume that there will be a good range of Brodie's casks on as well given that they have more handpumps available than any other pub I have ever been to.

I will add to this post as and when I get any more information.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I found the Dark Arts and Highwire to be very enjoyable drinks.
    I love Magic Rock beers. Hope you manage to try Curious on cask, as I think it has fantastic flavour for its strength, when on form.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I spoke to the manager today and he is hoping that the prices will be the same as normal or slightly higher (circa 20p). That's £2.45 for cask and £3.30 for keykeg. It won't be confirmed until they get the invoice for the delivery.

Thay did a similar thing in August with some bloke from Denmark who is apparently a world acclaimed brewer (his name escapes me). They were charging £4.80 a pint then at virtually no profit.

On that basis I will try the Curious and Rapture before going up market.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

They did a similar thing in August with some bloke from Denmark who is apparently a world acclaimed brewer (his name escapes me). They were charging £4.80 a pint then at virtually no profit.
    That'll be Mikkeller: Brodies collaborated on Big Mofo Stout, which I think you've mentioned round here before. You'll usually find a few Mikkeller beers at the expensive end of the bar at the Craft Beer Co pubs, and they're worth a try - usually intensely hopped beers.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    That'll be Mikkeller: Brodies collaborated on Big Mofo Stout, which I think you've mentioned round here before. You'll usually find a few Mikkeller beers at the expensive end of the bar at the Craft Beer Co pubs, and they're worth a try - usually intensely hopped beers.

Thanks, that's the one, Mikkeller, and yes the classic Big Mofo Stout was a collaboration. Isn't Mikkeller the trade name for the brewery? I seem to recall the brewer's actual name appearing on the pump clips.

Don't you mean the even more expensive end of the bar at Craft Beer pubs?

This Space For Hire

Thanks, that's the one, Mikkeller, and yes the classic Big Mofo Stout was a collaboration. Isn't Mikkeller the trade name for the brewery? I seem to recall the brewer's actual name appearing on the pump clips.

Don't you mean the even more expensive end of the bar at Craft Beer pubs?
    Mikkeller is a gypsy brewer so doesnt have his own brewery but brews on other breweries plant.as far as i am aware he also gets other breweries to contract brew his beer so i avoid his stuff.i like to know exactly where my beers come from.mega priced as well.

The beer list is posted on the Magic Rock blog and includes a collaboration brew grandly titled "The Great Alphonso" which will be appearing on cask and keykeg. It is described as a "Mango Pale Ale" (you couldn't make it up!).

http://www.magicrockbrewing.com/blog...reat-alphonso/