Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

There are still no reviews for the day and I wonder if this is a deliberate policy due to the low number of reviews being posted.
    More likely they dont give a toss, I put the Holborn Whippet up for inclusion on the site last October just to see how long it will take, no sign or communication yet and I dont expect any for a good few more months if ever .
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 21-01-2013 at 11:53.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

TWG, as I'm sure we all know was a prolific and reliable BITE reviewer has jumped ship, a very welcome move.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubreviews/36046/

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    TWG, as I'm sure we all know was a prolific and reliable BITE reviewer has jumped ship, a very welcome move.

Now that is a coup, welcome aboard TWG! I remember you from back in the day, we seemed to be drinking in the same pubs for a year or so around 2007/8...

Looking forward to seeing your reviews on the site. If you are reading this, Dave can tell you about the mass migrate tool which will allow you (if you wish) to migrate all your old BITE reviews over (and you can edit text and dates to your heart's content).

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post

Another nail in the BITE coffin , there are still some good guys over there though , but their contributions are slowly being lost in the sea of dross.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I've seen the name TWG at Bite and his new review of the Garland has made me even more determined to combine a crawl of a Croydon area Spoons or two with a bus ride to Redhill.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I've seen the name TWG at Bite and his new review of the Garland has made me even more determined to combine a crawl of a Croydon area Spoons or two with a bus ride to Redhill.
    Always good to see a prolific BITE reviewer such as TWG move over to this site,welcome !
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

The latest reviews section has reappeared!

Before you all get too excited, it is led by slanging matches over a Wirral Pub of which I know nothing and a former King And Barnes house which I do know but not as a free house.

This Space For Hire

The Royal Oak squabble has been going on ever since the local Camra branch threw it out of the GBG and removed any chance of it regaining its regional POTY status. The was mainly down to the landlady understandably taking exception to being told how to run her business by a couple of members of the branch and the resulting slanging match between them and the forces of reason. Since then those individuals have been overwhelmed by democracy and the pub is back in the GBG but the nonsense has continued on BITE ever since. I notice that even BITE's moderator has got cheesed off with it all (a difficult feat to achieve) and some posts have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    But the annoyingly useless and stupidly named site keeps on coming up in the first few hits on Google! On the few occasions I have used the site I have been frustrated by the unfriendly layout, the hard to find and badly presented photos and the lack of up to date reviews.

Pubs Galore is so much better: it presents pubs in an attractive way, it invites contributions, the maps and photos are helpful and the way users can find out about contributors and join in the friendly discussions on the forums makes this quite clearly the best pubs site. And it's got a great name - who could fail to respond to the sound of the word "galore"?

Good bye BITE.
    Amen to that.