Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    But the annoyingly useless and stupidly named site keeps on coming up in the first few hits on Google! On the few occasions I have used the site I have been frustrated by the unfriendly layout, the hard to find and badly presented photos and the lack of up to date reviews.

Pubs Galore is so much better: it presents pubs in an attractive way, it invites contributions, the maps and photos are helpful and the way users can find out about contributors and join in the friendly discussions on the forums makes this quite clearly the best pubs site. And it's got a great name - who could fail to respond to the sound of the word "galore"?

Good bye BITE.
    I completely agree. On a different note, have you considered changing your search engine given that Google are "proud" to be avoiding paying Corporation Tax? I certainly have. I don't mind breweries avoiding excise duty as it is totally unfair.

This Space For Hire

WhatPub has as a goal that "WhatPub overall compares favourably against the incumbent competition, and particularly, Beer in the Evening."

That's not much of a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    WhatPub has as a goal that "WhatPub overall compares favourably against the incumbent competition, and particularly, Beer in the Evening."

That's not much of a goal.
    Maybe it's an own goal!

I've seen a few reviews on "My Pubs" come through recently, notably two in Leytonstone from Blue_Scrumpy. It makes me wonder why he bothers.

I am aware that he has been on the site for a long while and is a prolific reviewer but every time I try and see all of his reviews I get a connection problem, presumably because there are so many.

If I remember rightly didn't the Pintglasspaddy debacle a few years ago over the Firefly in Bourne End occur at the same time as this?

Maybe the buffoon in charge of the site goes on a long exotic holiday to Benidorm at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I've seen a few reviews on "My Pubs" come through recently, notably two in Leytonstone from Blue_Scrumpy. It makes me wonder why he bothers.

I am aware that he has been on the site for a long while and is a prolific reviewer but every time I try and see all of his reviews I get a connection problem, presumably because there are so many.
    I always used to have that problem with John Bonser's and Rex's reviews ,simply, as you say because of the number of reviews,but I always looked them up when researching pub trips as I knew their views were trustworthy,not something you could say about all reviews on that site.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I always used to have that problem with John Bonser's and Rex's reviews ,simply, as you say because of the number of reviews,but I always looked them up when researching pub trips as I knew their views were trustworthy,not something you could say about all reviews on that site.
    I managed to get it to work by using Firefox.

I managed to get it to work by using Firefox.
    Going back a couple of years it was a case of trying to get it via my android phone ,no chance, now Google Chrome is ok.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Going back a couple of years it was a case of trying to get it via my android phone ,no chance, now Google Chrome is ok.
    Android phone???? Wot Dat????

Android phone???? Wot Dat????
    Beam me up Scotty!!!
    -W.C.Fields

The pub of the day has appeared for the 18th and 19th of this month.

The 19th of Jan Pub of the Day is a cocktail bar in Earlsfield where the reviewer enthusiastically gushes "The Martinis are exceptional, especially the cucumber and chilli one! ". Rather unfortunate given the name of the site!

There are still no reviews for the day and I wonder if this is a deliberate policy due to the low number of reviews being posted.

There were an interesting couple of posts from the same poster yesterday about the Craft pub in Leather Lane and the Princess Louise in Holborn.