Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Unscientific analysis, but when I used to type BITE into google it came up as the third hit. In the last few weeks it has dropped to fifth.
    Indeed even the wondrous Bitecard* comes second now.

*I wonder how long they'll keep this up, given it's worth around 80p a pint in some London stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    The front page stopped updating a few times when I used to post over there and it was soon sorted when someone highlighted the issue via the forum. It’s either an oversight as the coordinator is too busy to care and it will be sorted in time or BITE has turned into a headless beast that will fade away.

I’m thinking that it will be sorted sooner or later, unfortunately.
    Well, somebody has changed the banner back from the red poppy version used during the first part of the month (but you would have thought that they would have noticed that the clock stopped ticking early on 8 November...).

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Well, somebody has changed the banner back from the red poppy version used during the first part of the month (but you would have thought that they would have noticed that the clock stopped ticking early on 8 November...).
    I seem to recall a conversation on here some time ago about the changing banner at the top of their front page. I’m pretty sure that Conrad said that it is an automatic feature.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire

This site is run from the same office and clearly has similar difficulties keeping up to date.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 24-11-2012 at 21:44. Reason: illiteracy

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    This site is run from the same office and clearly has similar difficulties keeping up to date.
    I assume that the original creators of these sites have sold them on to some large web hosting site who have no interest whatsoever in the upkeep of them.

Why does this make me think of Ridleys/Greed Kerching, K&B/Badger, Hardy & Hanson/Greed Kerching, Morlands/Greed Kerching etc etc etc?

It's been raised on their Facebook page. So looks like they just can't be arsed. Good news for us

The Turrf Tavern in Oxford is now displayed as Pub of the Day for 28-11-2012 and there are no current posts at all!!

Yes, the live feed of comments has now been removed after being stuck on the 7th November for ages.

The Turf Tavern is still the Pub of the Day for the 28th of November and there are no current posts.
    I have had no posts to "my pubs" since the 5th of December. I noticed tonight that there are three pages of recommendations here including some names that I don't recognise as the usual suspects. It looks like Bye Bye Bite to me!

But the annoyingly useless and stupidly named site keeps on coming up in the first few hits on Google! On the few occasions I have used the site I have been frustrated by the unfriendly layout, the hard to find and badly presented photos and the lack of up to date reviews.

Pubs Galore is so much better: it presents pubs in an attractive way, it invites contributions, the maps and photos are helpful and the way users can find out about contributors and join in the friendly discussions on the forums makes this quite clearly the best pubs site. And it's got a great name - who could fail to respond to the sound of the word "galore"?

Good bye BITE.
    Come On You Hatters!