Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

This Space For Hire

It is odd. I'm subscribed to emails about the pubs I followed on it. About once every three weeks or so I get a little flurry of five or six about the same pub. Last week it was the Royal Oak in Rusper. A couple of weeks before that it was the Market Hotel in Reigate. Some time before that the Edgar Wallace near the Law Courts. No rhyme or reason to it considering I'm subscribed to hundreds.

He did file accounts a few weeks ago though the pic in this piece about zombie businesses is appropriate.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 12-11-2012 at 21:51.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I last entered something on BITE in 2010, and in view of this thread I had a mosey round it. I did get an e-mail last week that someone has been to a pub I had reviewed but I just deleted it., I am still down as a member and found all my stuff on there still.

I stopped recording on there when I found I preferred this site and couldn't be bothered to keep updating two sites.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

After more than a week it is still stuck on the 7th/8th November, although it seems that posts are getting through.

What makes me laugh most about this is that a year or two back I made a post following a critical post of the site's inability to keep it updated that went along the lines of the site being rubbish as they never updated any details and were only interested in flogging useless Premium pub membership to gullible landlords/managers who didn't know any better.

As a result all my posts were deleted and that particulat username was deleted. Quite obviously this alone has caused the rapid decline of the site!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Was that just on the forum Aqualung, I'd dearly love to find a way of getting my reviews taken off there?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Was that just on the forum Aqualung, I'd dearly love to find a way of getting my reviews taken off there?
    No, I never really got into the forums, try making some accusations along the lines that certain regional breweries have a policy of filtering slops back into the barrels, do an unjustified PintGlassPaddy style attack on a pub of your choice and then after a few weeks slag the site off as vehemently as you possibly can! That should work.

I assume that requesting they be removed got the same response as any other query with the site that didn't involve legal action against the site.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    No, I never really got into the forums, try making some accusations along the lines that certain regional breweries have a policy of filtering slops back into the barrels, do an unjustified PintGlassPaddy style attack on a pub of your choice and then after a few weeks slag the site off as vehemently as you possibly can! That should work.

I assume that requesting they be removed got the same response as any other query with the site that didn't involve legal action against the site.
    Ok mate just interested, would be nice if I could get rid though.

i couldn't remove my reviews but did change my settings so they show as being posted by anonymous
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

The site still seems to be stuck on the 7th/8th of November. I have picked up on a review for the Birkbeck Tavern from the 23rd of November.

I wonder if part of the makeover is deliberately not displaying the latest pub reviews. If that is the case then the site is destined to go down the toilet. I think that seeing the latest remarks about the pubs is the most essential part of an online pub guide.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    i couldn't remove my reviews but did change my settings so they show as being posted by anonymous
    I was banned so unfortunately I don’t have that option. I decided to distance myself from BITE by changing my review name on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The site still seems to be stuck on the 7th/8th of November. I have picked up on a review for the Birkbeck Tavern from the 23rd of November.

I wonder if part of the makeover is deliberately not displaying the latest pub reviews. If that is the case then the site is destined to go down the toilet. I think that seeing the latest remarks about the pubs is the most essential part of an online pub guide.
    The front page stopped updating a few times when I used to post over there and it was soon sorted when someone highlighted the issue via the forum. It’s either an oversight as the coordinator is too busy to care and it will be sorted in time or BITE has turned into a headless beast that will fade away.

I’m thinking that it will be sorted sooner or later, unfortunately.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Unscientific analysis, but when I used to type BITE into google it came up as the third hit. In the last few weeks it has dropped to fifth.