Ads not shown when logged in
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I have been thinking of doing shorter reviews as i have less time than i did have a few years ago.
    Should i go for the Al Bundy type reviews which i quite like or the Hondo one liners which get great acclaim,while my reviews which take note of the pub interiors get none.

Walked to the Admiral Sir John Borlace Warren in Stapleford sat at table 10 had a breakfast served by Jenny and a pint it was good.
    Or Wetherspoons 8 real ales.
    Or Typical Weterspoons with real ales and a few scallys,but still decent enough.

Three different types of reviews the choice is yours.
    I think reviews consciously/subconsciously reflect the personality (lack in my case) of the reviewer. We all have our own modus operandi which is a good thing anyway time for my next session "Let me tell you ... https://youtu.be/pE_x3UC1f3o
    Last edited by hondo; 03-05-2016 at 12:52.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I have been thinking of doing shorter reviews as i have less time than i did have a few years ago.
    Should i go for the Al Bundy type reviews which i quite like or the Hondo one liners which get great acclaim,while my reviews which take note of the pub interiors get none.

Walked to the Admiral Sir John Borlace Warren in Stapleford sat at table 10 had a breakfast served by Jenny and a pint it was good.
    Or Wetherspoons 8 real ales.
    Or Typical Weterspoons with real ales and a few scallys,but still decent enough.

Three different types of reviews the choice is yours.
    Al, none of those example are of any help to other users.I want to know what beers are on in London pubs.It gives me an idea if its the sort of pub I want to tick.I too have never had acclaim even though I do brilliant reviews and have singlehandedly raised the standard of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Al, none of those example are of any help to other users.I want to know what beers are on in London pubs.It gives me an idea if its the sort of pub I want to tick.I too have never had acclaim even though I do brilliant reviews and have singlehandedly raised the standard of this site.
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/25326/ .
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I don't really drink real ale anymore. I much prefer a nice cold pint of euro fizz, preferably Fosters because I can gulp it down. However, after visiting a pub I always list the cask options available even though they are of little interest to me. I do this to thank London Calling for his herculean effort in teaching us mere mortals how pub reviewing should be done. LC FOR MAYOR!!!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire

This acclaim may be short lived so today I will revel in it.I have stuck a small gold star on my jumper. Just had a nice cold pint of euro piss at my local Harvester.Carlsberg served in a Carling glass the other option was Gk -ipa on cask. cheers john

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Good god the old prat's still going. What a troll.
    It's still going on...

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    I must be very bored or going totally mad!

I have just read 8 years of "reviews" to a pub I am unlikely to visit on a site I rarely ever view.
    At least I now know now why BiTe used to have more reviews than PuG. On the dark side, there is no difference between a review and a very long running forum thread!
    At least one exchange of insults made me laugh.
    After a typo, when it was said that The Hope sold a lot of dark bears, the next reviewer coined "The society for Preservation of Bears from the Woods!"

EDIT:- Even more bored. I have just counted them! ............ 230 "reviews"!!
    Last edited by AlanH; 28-09-2016 at 19:44.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    I must be very bored or going totally mad!

I have just read 8 years of "reviews" to a pub I am unlikely to visit on a site I rarely ever view.
    At least I now know now why BiTe used to have more reviews than PuG. On the dark side, there is no difference between a review and a very long running forum thread!
    At least one exchange of insults made me laugh.
    After a typo, when it was said that The Hope sold a lot of dark bears, the next reviewer coined "The society for Preservation of Bears from the Woods!"

EDIT:- Even more bored. I have just counted them! ............ 230 "reviews"!!
    You should get out more often.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Default More bitching

Sadly about a classic old K & B house that I remember well but haven't been back to since the shareholders sold out :-

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...rms/Walliswood

Default Anotherr defector

Has anyone else noticed that Lester Ford the recent reviewer on here is almost certainly Lezford from the Dark Side. If Mr Ford is reading this welcome to the light (and don't take too seriously anything I say about football!).