Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 253

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

  1. #121
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,396

    Default

    You can't really fault the veracity of AF36's profile on the dark side: "I like to go to weatherspoon pubs and watch people go past and stuff or something or nothing."

    PS - He gives an indication of where he hails from in a 2014 'review' of the Red Lion Langley.

  2. #122
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    He gives an indication of where he hails from in a 2014 'review' of the Red Lion Langley.
    I had twigged that but one of the great questions is how he suddenly came across the White House at Stockley Park which to me is the most obscure Spoons n Greater London.

  3. #123
    Inndigestion Strongers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Downs
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    COYB
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

  4. #124
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    You do wonder about people don't you

    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ll_Inn/Dorking

    "They have lost my service, when I said to my wife we aren’t going back there, she said that she never liked the slow service or the food and only put up with it because she thought that I liked it there."

  5. #125
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    You do wonder about people don't you

    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ll_Inn/Dorking

    "They have lost my service, when I said to my wife we aren’t going back there, she said that she never liked the slow service or the food and only put up with it because she thought that I liked it there."
    "They have lost my service"??? I guess from the context that he means "custom".

    I love the pay-off: "... it isn’t any great shakes anyway, it is just handy because our dog can sit with us outside." You can sit outside any old pub with your dog - the exceptional ones are where you can take your (well-behaved) best friend inside. Good grief.

    Thanks for the link, Nick.
    Come On You Hatters!

  6. #126
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    ARSENALFAN36 has had all of his posts removed prior to the start of last week, something that caused a war of words under the Moon and Spoon in Slough. This led him to visit it twice today as well as getting a bus to the two Maidenhead ones!

  7. #127
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,199

  8. #128
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Backwell, North Somerset
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    ARSENALFAN36 has had all of his posts removed prior to the start of last week, something that caused a war of words under the Moon and Spoon in Slough. This led him to visit it twice today as well as getting a bus to the two Maidenhead ones!
    That's awful, the only thing worth reading on BITE was his reviews. I see from some of the ones that are left that he has now graduated from orange juice to cider (if you can call Kopparberg With Mixed Fruits a cider).

  9. #129
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    That's awful, the only thing worth reading on BITE was his reviews. I see from some of the ones that are left that he has now graduated from orange juice to cider (if you can call Kopparberg With Mixed Fruits a cider).
    Elephant in the room would you welcome gooner here
    Last edited by hondo; 16-10-2015 at 19:57.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  10. #130
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    That's awful, the only thing worth reading on BITE was his reviews. I see from some of the ones that are left that he has now graduated from orange juice to cider (if you can call Kopparberg With Mixed Fruits a cider).
    Generally I agree and I'm glad you have enlightened me as to what that drink is. Surely it's not a product from a global corporate abomination is it?

Similar Threads

  1. Staffs pub to bite the dust!
    By Darlo Boy in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 16:13
  2. The Pub Curmudgeon - Another one bites the dust
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-02-2011, 18:21
  3. The Pub Curmudgeon - Another one bites the dust
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 19:51
  4. Another one bites the dust
    By Delboy20 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 10:16
  5. Another one bites the dust
    By Delboy20 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 10:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •