Ads not shown when logged in
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    If you have an account there I wouldn't recommend signing in as the website is now unprotected. I signed in yesterday and immediately got a spam/hacker bot email quoting my password and asking me for money. Not good!
    My e-mail address in it is my old work address, Bite is too broken allowed me to change it to my current one. As I packed up work a couple of years ago I guess one zombie is demanding money from another.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    If you have an account there I wouldn't recommend signing in as the website is now unprotected. I signed in yesterday and immediately got a spam/hacker bot email quoting my password and asking me for money. Not good!
    I have the honour of being slung off the site, my few reviews removed and my login revoked. I don't know why but they objected to me slagging the site off in a "review"! I had another login with an email address that I never use and that's how I access the site. If it wasn't for Blue Scrumpy and Snarling Mallard they would have few reviews.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    If it wasn't for Blue Scrumpy and Snarling Mallard they would have few reviews.
    I do often wonder why they (especially Blue Scrumpy) choose to keep reviewing there rather than here. I find their reviews to be worth reading and it's a shame they are being wasted on a zombie site.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Hmmm. Seems like a re-launch is imminent. The last couple of times I've clicked on the site (in a fretful state of ennui) there's been a pop-up inviting me to join the mailing list, for when the launch takes place. Be interesting to see how it pans out, as the site seems pretty moribund, to me.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Hmmm. Seems like a re-launch is imminent. The last couple of times I've clicked on the site (in a fretful state of ennui) there's been a pop-up inviting me to join the mailing list, for when the launch takes place. Be interesting to see how it pans out, as the site seems pretty moribund, to me.
    Believe it when I see it. There's currently no Pub of the Day and they are still displaying their little certificate from 2010!

Even if they do re-launch, it's still not somewhere I fancy going back to. This place is much more interesting and more civilised.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Even if they do re-launch, it's still not somewhere I fancy going back to. This place is much more interesting and more civilised.
    Quite agree. I'll never actively contribute again. However, I do dip into it occasionally and have gleaned the odd useful nugget, over the years, since the mass exodus of 2009.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

Quite agree. I'll never actively contribute again. However, I do dip into it occasionally and have gleaned the odd useful nugget, over the years, since the mass exodus of 2009.
    Agree too. I certainly won't contribute again, given that the buggers have stolen dozens?/hundreds? of my photos from Lost Pubs and Pubs History - the little f****r even removed my 'TC' watermark!

I'll stay on me own

It's so out of date it's a joke. I'd say at least half the Bristol pubs listed have either closed or been renamed.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

They haven't been accepting new pubs or changes to existing pubs for ages too. Meaning almost half the new reviews on there say things like 'this pub is now closed' or 'this pub is now called ____' or 'I'm not reviewing this pub, but I can't find the pub I want to review so I will review it here instead'. A mess.