Ads not shown when logged in
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 271 to 278 of 278

Thread: BITE bites the dust????

  1. #271
    Just Missed the Round
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    315

    Default

    If BITE was a family pet, it would have been taken to the vet and put out of its misery by now. I note the relaunch mentioned above never happened and you don't get the popup advertising it anymore. Can't help thinking it's too far gone to be saved.

  2. #272
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    just noticed that this is still being linked to off the pubs listing page;

    https://blog.beerintheevening.com/20...ummer-sizzler/

    2018! Good god. Makes you think the thing still only exists online because there's a DD coming out for the web hosting service that someone hasn't cancelled yet.

  3. #273
    Still about Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Out saving pubs and enjoying it.
    Posts
    5,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    just noticed that this is still being linked to off the pubs listing page;

    https://blog.beerintheevening.com/20...ummer-sizzler/

    2018! Good god. Makes you think the thing still only exists online because there's a DD coming out for the web hosting service that someone hasn't cancelled yet.
    Yet there are still pubs being reviewed on the site, not that I would take much in the way of notice of them.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  4. #274
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    Well, that's three more visitors to their site this year - might have doubled the footfall?

  5. #275
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Well, that's three more visitors to their site this year - might have doubled the footfall?
    I was one of those, I think. I still use their 'Find more nearby pubs' facility as it generates a useful table for proximity. OK, I know it's out of date, but when cross checked with PuG it helps satiate my spreadsheet habit.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

  6. #276
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    I was one of those, I think. I still use their 'Find more nearby pubs' facility as it generates a useful table for proximity. OK, I know it's out of date, but when cross checked with PuG it helps satiate my spreadsheet habit.
    I still use it for scanning through a pub's history - whilst 75% of the reviews are usually pointless, there are some which are valuable. And even some of those 75% give you an idea of whether the place was a rough pub come good (or vice-versa).

  7. #277
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    If BITE was a family pet, it would have been taken to the vet and put out of its misery by now.
    Specifically a dog, whose bark was worse than its BITE.

  8. #278
    Just Missed the Round
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Specifically a dog, whose bark was worse than its BITE.
    Bravo, sir.

Similar Threads

  1. Staffs pub to bite the dust!
    By Darlo Boy in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 15:13
  2. The Pub Curmudgeon - Another one bites the dust
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-02-2011, 17:21
  3. The Pub Curmudgeon - Another one bites the dust
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 18:51
  4. Another one bites the dust
    By Delboy20 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 09:16
  5. Another one bites the dust
    By Delboy20 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2009, 09:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •