Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Who's This Sea Dog?

Default Who's This Sea Dog?

The Earl Beatty has had a refurb recently, and as part of which a new pub sign has been put up. I uploaded a photo on 12 Sep this year. It features some Naval chap, but it is certainly not Admiral of the Fleet The Earl Beatty. Our best guess is that it is in fact Captain Cook, and although it does look like him, I have been unable to find the portrait on which they've based the pub sign. Can anyone identify him?

The management of the pub don't know who it is. And this is incredible but true - the pub no longer has the portrait of the Earl Beatty that had been in the pub for many years. Apparently someone thought he looked a bit like Adolf Hitler!! Well, he doesn't have a moustache, although he does look a bit stern in the portrait but that's quite understandable as he was about to fight the Battle of Jutland, and you would expect someone to look a bit stern with the German fleet about to sail over the horizon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Earl Beatty, Motspur Park (5).JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	778  

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Looms like a baddie out of Scooby Doo to me

This should go under pub annoyances but it really annoys me when pubcos put up a sign which has no relation to the pub the Bridge in Trench was named after the local canal bridge it used to stand next to and the old sign used to reflect this , the new sign has a picture of the Ironbridge 9 miles down the road , proof if any were needed that pubcos have no respect for local heritage
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cs_aug06002[1].jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	779 Looks a bit like Trevor Howard's Captian Bligh from Mutiny on the Bounty to me. Perhaps there's going to be a Mutiny at the Beatty!

Its obviously Stanley Baker ,seen here before getting dressed for the part.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields