Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One for Hoppy

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Default One for Hoppy

Looks like JDW are thinking about buying this place http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/32691/ (i have just uploaded a pic so you can see ) for their 2nd Pub in Telford , it used to be a Civic Hotel with a lively public bar , the place is massive .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Looks like JDW are thinking about buying this place http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/32691/ (i have just uploaded a pic so you can see ) for their 2nd Pub in Telford , it used to be a Civic Hotel with a lively public bar , the place is massive .
    It was also almost derelict when I was there last year. Looks like a lot of work, but if anybody can, JDW can.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Ohhh Another JDW! I think I'll put off my visit to Telford until new JDW is up and running.

May I ask you question? Which JDW's is the nearest to AFC Telford football ground?

Thanks for letting me know

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    May I ask you question? Which JDW's is the nearest to AFC Telford football ground?
    The Thomas Botfield in Telford Shopping Center is 3.25 miles away according to their website. Sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    The Thomas Botfield in Telford Shopping Center is 3.25 miles away according to their website. Sounds nice.
    You are sounding like American (Unless you are...)

3.25 miles?! Thats quite long away! I hope this new JDW is much closer...
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Thank God I didn't change the color of the text as well!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    It's not nice, it's the only pub in central Teford so it attracts the desperate and the deadbeats.

I've been in loads of times when I've been desperate
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I can't believe it! I have just discovered that, unknowingly, I have BEEN to Hopwas!

Whilst searching for summat else, I found an old review of the Red Lion and the location of HOPWAS fairly jumped off the page at me! I would hope to ordinarily remember something of my wanderings but, having arrived on a friend's rented narrowboat, the travel was not destination-minded, therefore the name did not stick, sorry. I preferred the Red Lion to the Tame Otter t'other side of the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Ohhh Another JDW! I think I'll put off my visit to Telford until new JDW is up and running.

Thanks for letting me know

Hoppy
    The new one , if it comes off (its all over the front of this weeks Journal) aint that far from the Bucks Head (the self proclaimed "best ground in non league") about 10/15 mins walk , Wellington on match days can be dodgy Telford are getting a bad reputation for trouble .
    As for the new JDW the town council are all for it , the Charlton has been closed since 2006 and planning permission has been denied for flats on the site .
    The Thomas Bottfield is miles away and for a JDW has a crap selaction of ale (3 on last visit) , remember Telford is a collection of towns so whats classed as Telford can be miles apart .
    Just by the Bucks Head is the Cock hotel , its a cracker , CAMRA west mid pub of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    It's not nice, it's the only pub in central Teford so it attracts the desperate and the deadbeats.

I've been in loads of times when I've been desperate
    This should bring back happy memories of Wellington http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/65233/ Itried to get the lorry to move , he wouldnt so i had to take a picture of the pub