Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Great Wetherspoons Escape

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I've done the R J Blackler and ticked off the Rooster Franklin and the Old Bailly. Now in the Fall Well, strange place very few festival beers, found the Adams Fisherman one, and seems to be primarily lager based. But they offer a 20p a pint discount for CAMRA cards.

Think I may give up on JDW in Liverpool now and go to some of my favourites.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I'm in the Vernon Arms and it's not a Wetherspoons. It is however one of my favourite Liverpool pubs and they still have the Bogarts Rum Porter, which is like angels dancing on ones tongue.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

In the Ship & Mitre another old favourite with a porter from Tryst i think.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

From BBC news:
    London Midland, which has cancelled more than 400 trains in three weeks because of a driver shortage, plans to cancel 133 more on Saturday. ... many trains between Birmingham New Street and London Euston will be running only shorter distances.

Good luck! Hope you don't get stranded! Glad I made my trip last Saturday - my disruptions (and there were several) were all due to other causes.

Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Spritzer Swallower

Millay - i had planned on joining you however i'm still sat on the train from Edinburgh.

enjoy the North
    Last edited by Lons; 26-10-2012 at 21:21.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    From BBC news:
    London Midland, which has cancelled more than 400 trains in three weeks because of a driver shortage, plans to cancel 133 more on Saturday. ... many trains between Birmingham New Street and London Euston will be running only shorter distances.

Good luck! Hope you don't get stranded! Glad I made my trip last Saturday - my disruptions (and there were several) were all due to other causes.

Thanks Paul, I'll need to study that it will undoubtedly affect the plans i had for tomorrow. Might need an earlier start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lons View Post
    Millay - i had planned on joining you however i'm still sat on the train from Edinburgh.

enjoy the North
    Every cloud.....

Hope you get home OK. That's a big patch you've got or was it another off site strategic planning meeting ?

I very nearly gave up on this thing after reading the article about train cancellations that Paul helpfully provided . Well that and the fact that my legs feel particularly heavy this morning after yesterday's walking. But the head is fine and a rejuvenating shower has lifted my spirits.

So i have reworked my schedule around the known cancellations and hopefully i can get back close to home before the main trouble starts. It does mean an early start an i am aiming to be on the 07:49 out of Crewe. Should just have time for a bit of breakfast.

Don't think i will be able to match yesterday's tally of 10 but we'll see how we go. Hearing it's snowing dahn sarf !!

O Mr Porter, what shall I do. I wanted to go to Wetherspoons, but I'm still stuck here at Crewe .

First it was signal problems now it's overhead line damage. I think they're going through their book of excuses. What i do know is that nothing is moving out of Crewe. I think this may be a long and frustrating day. And it's bloody cold.

Finally got moving but train terminated at Wolverhampton so decided to tick off the Wetherspoons in the hope they will sort things out soon. In the Moon under Water charging the phone and checking the departures board. Aiming for Birmingham if i can. Ticked off the Australian IPA from Feral.