Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Wetherspoons Escape

Spritzer Swallower

So let's get this right - London to Crewe (and yep I can confirm things haven't changed too much in the last 20 years) then to Liverpool and then back home. This has the ring of a 'Wallace and Gromit' style Great Adventure.

You could always call at Warrington and then go across to Liverpool - will add about 1 hour to the journey however one more JDW to tick off.

Also have a look for the Virgin 1st Class Ghost Carriages on the Edinburgh service - located next to the real (over priced) first class carriages however without the at seat service but you do get free wi-fi.
    Last edited by Lons; 26-10-2012 at 08:29.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Can't get to Warrington with London Midland trains Lons , otherwise i would of course have included it, even if i did risk bumping in to you !

Pub no 2 and one of JDWS more decorative ones, Penderels Oak on High Holborn. Have gone across the border beer wise with the American one Avery 3 point 5.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

To prove I'm not cheating I'll try to check in on Facebook at each pub i visit. This is number 3, The Shakespeares Head but just a soft drink here need to be sensible. To Euston n
    next for a long journey north.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I can maybe catch up on a little sleep now as i have around 90 mins on the train. Next stop off will be Rugby or Nuneaton, haven't made my mind up yet.

A little further Northfor pub number 4, the Felix Holt in Nuneaton. Went for the Pinnacle Porter only to find its not in the festival so may have to have another half of something. I may just have time to do that and find the other Spoons and get back to the station by 12:15!!

Found the other one William White. Going to be tight as got caught behind two blokes ordering coffee !!!! But have halves of the Japanese one and Wadsworth Blunder Buss . Now a run (sort of) back to the station.

Next stop Tamworth.

Is Tamworth some sort of twilight zone for internet. Neither my 3g more Wifi wotkd that well. The Bole Bridge was rubbish but the Silk kite is better. Gone for two of the big hitters GK Reserve and the Dutch one with the green label that i can't pronounce. Struggling with trains with all this sodding about.

Thankfully the train was late so I have made it to Stafford on schedule. Realised a big flaw in my carefully constructed plan in that I didn't factor in any time to eat !! So Stafford will be a one pub stop and i am currently in the Picture House with a pint of the Steenbrugge Blonde and a very reasonable £2.49 plate of curry. Watch out Liverpool.

And rest....but not just yet. I have located and checked in to my overnight repose in Crewe but there are still beers to be drunk. There's a 5pm train to Liverpool and I intend to be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    There's a 5pm train to Liverpool and I intend to be on it.
    I see Liverpool CAMRA are continuing their WTF with the GBG, the Fall Well and the Richard John Blacker are both in, the Welkin seems to have been missed this year At least the first two aren't too far from the station, enjoy.