More than two years on from The Great Inter-County Pub Crawl I thought it was time to do something similar. As the current London Midland Great Escape offer coincides with the Wetherspoons Beer festival it seemed too good an opportunity to miss, so this endeavor will be the, imaginatively named, Great Wetherspoons Escape. It will take place over two days this coming Friday and Saturday. As the cheap tickets can't be used during the morning peak, the first train North I could get from Watford would be at 10:00am so I plan to use my annual ticket and get a head start in London. The, aspirational and weather permitting, plan is to visit 3 JDW's in London, 3 at the other end of the line in Liverpool and as many in between as I can manage in two days

Provided I get up in time I plan to be at the Hamilton Hall Liverpool Street around 7am and meet any early birds from the office for breakfast. Then a couple more JDW's, perhaps around Holborn, before getting the first cheap train North from Euston. I think I could do Rugby, Tamworth and Stafford on the way up to an overnight in Crewe. The Liverpool ones can be ticked off Friday night or Saturday morning before heading back via the Wolverhampton and Birmingham line and doing a couple more close to home. I'm not going to go mad but am hoping to get to at least 15.

Wish me luck, and I'll try to keep you updated on the way courtesy of JDW's free Wi-Fi.