Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reviewers and Photographers

I'll stay on me own

Well i am back on this thread again for another moan.

I have just looked at the Beverley list and there are now 5 new bars added,i visit Beverley on a regular basis and have done all pubs in this town.

But then a serial photographer turns up in town and adds all these new bars,the Beverley Arms is one this is a posh hotel that i have stood outside
    not gone in because it is far too posh for me,then there is the Tudor Rose which is more of a dining place and has a really small bar that i would feel
    uncomfortable in,these pubs will probably go unreviewed unless some one braver than me goes in them.

I have read the argument that a photo is worth this that and another but there will be lots of pubs on this site that will never be reviewed,take central
    London for example,most proper pubs have been reviewed by that great band of London Reviewers but there are vast swathes of pubs or should i say
    bars that have been photgraphed and will probably never be reviewed,this then makes the site look light on reviews when in reality most proper pubs
    in central London have been reviewed.

Then there are the thousands of pubs on the site that will never be photgraphed or reviewed because the Post card pictures were rightly deleted
    this will put some people off visiting certain cities because they will think there are hundreds of closed pubs there.

I know some will say i add old pubs but i only add pubs i have pictures of and i have had a drink in and these only go back to the early 80s not the 20s
    or 30s.
    Well thats my rant i hav'nt done one for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Well i am back on this thread again for another moan.

I have just looked at the Beverley list and there are now 5 new bars added,i visit Beverley on a regular basis and have done all pubs in this town.

But then a serial photographer turns up in town and adds all these new bars,the Beverley Arms is one this is a posh hotel that i have stood outside
    not gone in because it is far too posh for me,then there is the Tudor Rose which is more of a dining place and has a really small bar that i would feel
    uncomfortable in,these pubs will probably go unreviewed unless some one braver than me goes in them.

I have read the argument that a photo is worth this that and another but there will be lots of pubs on this site that will never be reviewed,take central
    London for example,most proper pubs have been reviewed by that great band of London Reviewers but there are vast swathes of pubs or should i say
    bars that have been photgraphed and will probably never be reviewed,this then makes the site look light on reviews when in reality most proper pubs
    in central London have been reviewed.

Then there are the thousands of pubs on the site that will never be photgraphed or reviewed because the Post card pictures were rightly deleted
    this will put some people off visiting certain cities because they will think there are hundreds of closed pubs there.

I know some will say i add old pubs but i only add pubs i have pictures of and i have had a drink in and these only go back to the early 80s not the 20s
    or 30s.
    Well thats my rant i hav'nt done one for a while.
    I kind of agree with you Al ,but it's a thin line and I'm not quite sure where you draw it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I have read the argument that a photo is worth this that and another but there will be lots of pubs on this site that will never be reviewed,take central London for example,most proper pubs have been reviewed by that great band of London Reviewers but there are vast swathes of pubs or should i say bars that have been photographed and will probably never be reviewed,this then makes the site look light on reviews when in reality most proper pubs in central London have been reviewed.

Then there are the thousands of pubs on the site that will never be photographed or reviewed because the Post card pictures were rightly deleted. this will put some people off visiting certain cities because they will think there are hundreds of closed pubs there.
    I enjoyed your rant. Al. However, I think you go a little too far in suggesting people will avoid cities that have a lot of closed pubs on Pubs Galore. Perhaps that was said with tongue in cheek?

Where there are closed pubs that cannot be photographed because they are no longer there, I think it is useful to add some information about them in the review space. For example, I've done this at the Black Swan, the Adelphi Hotel and the Blue Bell. Apart from anything else, it saves photographers from searching high and low for non-existent pubs to add to their obsessive-compulsive collections.
    Come On You Hatters!

The Beverley Arms is one this is a posh hotel that i have stood outside not gone in because it is far too posh for me
    I'm sure they'd let you in if you put on your best tweed jacket.