Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Any info Quinno

Default Any info Quinno

Aimed this one at Quinno as the pub in question, The Royal is just around the corner from him.Probably be in Reading for a crawl with a couple of mates at the end of this month ,probably Fri 26th. Heard from someone today(not a real ale drinker ), that the Royal is going down the real ale route, anyone tried it, is it worth adding to the agenda?Will be going to the Nag's so could pop in and have a look anyway ,but dont want to waste valuable drinking time on a tight schedule if anybody knows any different.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 09-10-2012 at 18:59. Reason: Forgot to put a link on the Nag's.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

As of yesterday, no real ale. They are not set up to sell it as the pub has been keg only for thirty-odd years. The sign outside says it sells it and the local CAMRA branch are keeping an eye on it.

I could meet up with you for a couple if you like. Certainly Nags is minutes from my gaff. What pubs are on your longlist?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    As of yesterday, no real ale. They are not set up to sell it as the pub has been keg only for thirty-odd years. The sign outside says it sells it and the local CAMRA branch are keeping an eye on it.

I could meet up with you for a couple if you like. Certainly Nags is minutes from my gaff. What pubs are on your longlist?
    It would be good for a meet , the dates not set in stone yet and it will be afternoon /early evening,to fit in with buses from and to Hartley Wintney,I think the last one out of Reading is around-6.30-7.00 ish.

The pubs still to be agreed but my choice and likely in this order,
    The Hop Leaf ,near to opening time,12.00,we can get off the bus in Southampton Street.
    The Retreat,before it closes or changes hands?
    The Ale House,
    Then The Nags Head,hard to say what time at this point but I guess around 4.00 ish, depends on the delay in the Retreat.
    After that ,time permitting a nice little triangle of The Sweeney and Todd ,Zero Degrees,,and of course The Allied Arms.
    It would be good to meet up if our timing's permit and suit, I could always stay on later and catch a train home ,despite the 2 mile walk in the pitch black and mud the other end , another factor may be the planned previous days visit to this. Anyway will let you know what's happening when plans are firmed up.
    -W.C.Fields

On further checking I'd be unlikely to get the 26th off work but keep me updated anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    On further checking I'd be unlikely to get the 26th off work but keep me updated anyway
    will do.
    -W.C.Fields