Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whatpub.com

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

One might have expected a link (and, indeed, article) on CAMRA's home page. I've searched in vain but found nothing.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

At the moment only CAMRA members can view the WhatPub site, so if it is on the CAMRA website you will need to sign in to locate it I expect. I went in from the e-mail they sent.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    At the moment only CAMRA members can view the WhatPub site, so if it is on the CAMRA website you will need to sign in to locate it I expect. I went in from the e-mail they sent.
    Tried logging in, but still can't see a link...

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I logged in and pit "WhatPub" in search box. It came up but said restricted access and I need to be a CAMRA member to get in. It told me to log on, but I was already logged on, so ?????

As I have been there I have it in favourites now, so don't need to go through the CAMRA site. I did google WhatPub and it did bring it up. Think it took me to CAMRA page. Will have another go.

http://whatpub.com/login

Try that from google. It worked for me.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

This link should take you to the login page, enter your membership number without leading zeros then your postcode without spaces as the password (unless you've been and changed it like a good member), click on the login button as return/enter button doesn't seem to work.

Bear in mind only pubs in those branches areas that have uploaded information to the WhatPub site will be there, as Gill says check the "which branches have achieved amber or green status" or the "which branches have already contributed?" links to see if it's worth going further in an area.

You may also need to put in either a town or pubname + town in the search box for reasonable results; you can also stick in a county name.

Sounds like hard work to me, they've not done their homework.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The password is your postcode with no spaces.
    Hi OldBoots,

I tried with my membership number and postcode without spaces (that is pretty rubbish programming in itself) and still no result.

My Camra membership card is an 8 digit number with four leading zeroes. I can't believe how bad their web site is and what on earth are the permanent staff being paid to do. They are trying to persuade members to convert to the online WB but with this shambles their is no way I'm going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Hi OldBoots,

I tried with my membership number and postcode without spaces (that is pretty rubbish programming in itself) and still no result.

My Camra membership card is an 8 digit number with four leading zeroes. I can't believe how bad their web site is and what on earth are the permanent staff being paid to do. They are trying to persuade members to convert to the online WB but with this shambles their is no way I'm going to do that.
    You shouldn't put in the leading zeros of the membership number, it doesn't recognise them as your user name. Otherwise it sounds like you will need to contact St Albrans for an answer, try this page or the main man for whatpub brett.laniosh@camra.org.uk. The postcode password is only the default, you're supposed to change it for security reasons.
    Last edited by oldboots; 30-09-2012 at 09:11.

Thanks for the tips, I finally got in. The info button at the side of the membership number field states
    this :-

"Ensure Membership Number is six digits. If it is less, please include leading zeroes at the start, e.g. 001234".

Good work CAMRA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Thanks for the tips, I finally got in. The info button at the side of the membership number field states
    this :-

"Ensure Membership Number is six digits. If it is less, please include leading zeroes at the start, e.g. 001234".

Good work CAMRA!!!!
    I don't see anything about six digits, I'm using firefox, little about Camra makes much sense though