Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PuG Spring meet 2013 - Leicester (The isn't it about time we had another PuG meet up)

Booked my tickets this morning - thanks for the heads up about Megatrain. I'm arriving at 10:54 and leaving at 20:36. Looking forward to a good day of drinking.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    Well this non-insomniac missed the first dibs at 0228 this morning, .
    Hey Father J, I had to set my alarm for that! and it wasn't easy getting back to sleep :0(
    Quinno was still thinking about your cunning plan for £7rtn as recently as Sun, otherwise I'd have got extras...

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I don't know if any of you are staying over to the Saturday, but if you are there are no trains running out of Leicester on Sat 23rd. We have to get a replacement bus to Nuneaton then the train from there. Friday seems to be ok.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Hey Father J, I had to set my alarm for that! and it wasn't easy getting back to sleep :0(
    Quinno was still thinking about your cunning plan for £7rtn as recently as Sun, otherwise I'd have got extras...
    They only put about on 2 @ £1, then 2 @ £3, 2 @ £5, 2 @ £7 etc. I got 2 @£5 going, 2 @ £7 back. Such is life. £5 Reading to London is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    They only put about on 2 @ £1, then 2 @ £3, 2 @ £5, 2 @ £7 etc. I got 2 @£5 going, 2 @ £7 back. Such is life. £5 Reading to London is still great.
    Obviously not many for grabs at £1, but I've had 4 on a train at that price before now.
    Where's that Reading -Lond price from? I had to pay >17rtn on Sunday (or would have, if not reduced by groupsave3)

Obviously not many for grabs at £1, but I've had 4 on a train at that price before now.
    Where's that Reading -Lond price from? I had to pay >17rtn on Sunday (or would have, if not reduced by groupsave3)
    FGW staff offer..............

It takes 5 hours each way and costs more for me to go on the train than to stay over and pay for petrol and parking.

I'm staying in the Travelodge. So I'll have to go to Leicester Beer Festival on the Thursday afternoon, which will be a hardship.

Next discussion point is where shall we meet up and when?

Anyone know Leicester well enough to prepare a route?
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 08-02-2013 at 10:42.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    It takes 5 hours each way and costs more for me to go on the train than to stay over and pay for petrol and parking.
    I'm staying in the Travelodge. So I'll have to go to Leicester Beer Festival on the Thursday afternoon, which will be a hardship.
    Next discussion point is where shall we meet up and when?
    Anyone know Leicester well enough to prepare a route?
    I think you are building in excuses to incorporate the beerfest ROB! I can see 2hrs3 ew (from Manchester), £44 open rtn (via Sheff with change leaving time for a swifty in the Tap)...

Route depends on consensus of must-dos, but the beer range at The Pub suggests that would be a decent meet near-ish to station.
    Problem is the diversity of arrival times 10:24(RB) - 12:29 (several), I'll be plastered before we reach pub2! maybe I'll hang around the library 'til everyone arrives...
    Otherwise, maybe earlybirds could taxi to Oadby to tick Cow&Plough if logistics suggest it to be tricky later.
    Has anyone counted confirmed runners? I could investigate how much we might be able to get out there & back for.

I think you are building in excuses to incorporate the beerfest ROB! I can see 2hrs3 ew (from Manchester), £44 open rtn (via Sheff with change leaving time for a swifty in the Tap)...
    I'm not going from Manchester though am I!
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 08-02-2013 at 13:15.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Has anyone counted confirmed runners? I could investigate how much we might be able to get out there & back for.
    I'm a definite and my ETA is 11:54 at Leicester railway station.