Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PuG Spring meet 2013 - Leicester (The isn't it about time we had another PuG meet up)

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

My football team have a fixture in Corby next week, I doubt I'll be wasting a Saturday trip on that one, prefer to save them for a more alluring trip!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Now then, is this going to happen in 2012 or shall we have it as our spring time 2013 jaunt instead?
    Now that the dust has settled on The Black Country Tour ,I thought I would bump this threat to see if there are other takers for a meet up this side of Christmas.

There seemed to be some agreement on Derby or Leicester,although the venue seems less important than finding a date that suits a reasonable numbers of PuGers.From past experience Fridays seem to be popular.

Therefore I could make Nov 9th like Oggy

Nov 16th also fine,could trainman be persuaded to pitch up to Derby early for this before his Uttoxeter fest the next day?

Nov 23 rd also OK with me

The rest of the Fridays up to Christmas are more tricky,with some work related outings already in the diary.

Any other takers....... or are we looking into 2013 ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Nov 9 or 23 fine with us, and Derby or Leicester fine too.

Nov 16th we are in Chertsey for the Egham beer festival so couldn't make it then.

Gill
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I lived in Derby for 5 years. There is expectional pubs such as Brunswick, Alexandra Hotel, Olde Dolphin, Flowerpot and few others. Very pretty walkable to do the all. Leaving Brunswick as last port of call as it is only stones throw from train station.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Any other takers....... or are we looking into 2013 ?
    Next year might be better from two or three points of view. For those of us whose livers are still in recovery mode following the very enjoyable Black Country jaunt last Friday, November might come a little too soon. And with Derby being on the East Midlands line from London, it might be a bit tricky getting reasonably cheap train fares at such short notice. Also people have already made plans that will affect attendance if November is the choice.

Perhaps next February/March might attract more people? We did Liverpool on Friday 2nd March this year, what about a similar date for Derby next year?
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post

Nov 16th also fine,could trainman be persuaded to pitch up to Derby early for this before his Uttoxeter fest the next day?
    I'm already scheduled to arrive 16:20 on that Fri...

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Perhaps next February/March might attract more people? We did Liverpool on Friday 2nd March this year, what about a similar date for Derby next year?
    I would probably miss a November date but if there was another meet up in February / March I'm sure I could book some leave and train tickets etc.
    Waes hael!

Yeah, Feb/March is best for all I think as Xmas is coming up and most of us won't be able to find a mutually acceptable date at short notice.

Currently I can do any Friday Feb-Mar but would rather avoid the 8th.

Right guys and gals.. Personally Derby has far superior pubs than Leicester (I may be biased but it is truth )

I fancy making this trip for PuG meet up and I have inside knowledge of Derby pubs so I might draw up route if you all don't mind. Don't need to bring your A to Z map or whatever. Will know if I am going when the date has been made. Hope this helps.

Hoppy
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

February/March 2013 would now seem sensible and give people time to take full advantage of advanced rail deals.

All Friday's in February are fine with me apart from 22nd.

Could make any Friday in March apart from 29th.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson