Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Don't Wear Tweed Jackets - or YUK!

Default I Don't Wear Tweed Jackets - or YUK!

I too saw the riposte from Doug Middleton (now deleted) to Alan W's review of the Dog and Fox in Wimbledon.

This was from somebody who was on their first trip to the UK and I guess had been in 5 or 6 Wimbledon pubs and presumed to tell Alan (who has been in considerably more pubs than that!) what constitutes a good pub! I've been in the Dog & Fox and although I don't agree with Alan that it's the worst pub in Wimbledon (the Fire Stables gets that accolade - the only Young's pub that doesn't sell real ale, and which even I haven't yet steeled myself to go in and review; and even Strongers hasn't been in it!) it's not good.

And he talks about "beautiful people" in there - this where the Yuk! comes in. And cheap prices! in Wimbledon Village! You must be joking!

As well as accusing Alan of being an accountant (the mind boggles) he also reckons he has something called a pocket saver. I've no idea what a pocket saver is, but I'm willing to bet that Alan hasn't got one!

It's a bit of a shame that we can't keep these ridiculous postings just to remind us just what sort of stuff we are missing from Another Place!
    Last edited by Rex_Rattus; 03-09-2012 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    I too saw the riposte from Doug Middleton (now deleted) to Alan W's review of the Dog and Fox in Wimbledon.

As well as accusing Alan of being an accountant (the mind boggles) he also reckons he has something called a pocket saver. I've no idea what a pocket saver is, but I'm willing to bet that Alan hasn't got one!
    The pocket saver thing confused me too, I guess he meant this. Not quite sure what the relevance is though.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Cool tweed rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    The pocket saver thing confused me too, I guess he meant this. Not quite sure what the relevance is though.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...products%2C569
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

I didn’t read the review before it was deleted but I guess that this bloke is calling Al tight (accountant and cheap deal magazine).
    I’m not sure why though as Al hasn’t mentioned the price of drinks in his review.

The last person I overheard saying “beautiful people” had a vacuum between their ears.
    The sort of person that asks if they can have the Bizarre section out of your Sun on a Saturday when you are scanning the football news before making your Sportguru picks
    The sort of person that thinks Winston Churchill is the black guy from Ghostbusters.
    The sort of person that thinks Paul McCartney is famous for being Stella’s dad.
    The sort of person who dreams of being cast in ‘The Only Way is Essex’.
    The sort of person that has a bumper sticker that says ‘powered by fairy dust’
    The sort of person that goes onto a pub review site to criticise an establishment for having limp lettuce.
    The sort of per…
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

The sort of person that thinks Winston Churchill is the black guy from Ghostbusters.

Stupid people , everybody knows he`s the dog in the insurane advert
    Last edited by Oggwyn Trench; 04-09-2012 at 09:54. Reason: keyboards buggered
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post

I don't agree with Alan that it's the worst pub in Wimbledon

It's a bit of a shame that we can't keep these ridiculous postings just to remind us just what sort of stuff we are missing from Another Place!
    Regarding the post that as been deleted i did'nt like anything he said about me,i have nothing against accountants but i am not one, i have always worked in heavy industry,the tweed jacket jibe really bugged me i have never worn a tweed jacket and i am very working class and down to earth.

In my review i said this was the worst pub i had been in on my crawl around Wimbledon not the worst pub in Wimbledon.

Regarding saving reviews like this, i seem to attract more than my fair share of these types of reviews some i dont report but this one did wind me up and i am pleased that Conrad and Dave deleted it so quickly.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I really wouldn't worry Alan, it's given us all a good chuckle. Most of us know what one-drop reviewers are all about.

Have you not considered a tweed jacket, maybe with a spotted bow tie then?

I have been seen wearing a tweed jacket. Sometimes I wear a burgundy bow tie.
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

Knee length white socks .Just a thought.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 09-09-2012 at 19:40.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Knee length white socks .Just a thought.
    Only with shorts and sandals
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !