Introduction

This thread is designed to provide any prospective visitor to Gibraltar with an overview of the pubs and bars on the Rock.

I will make some general observations regarding the characteristics of the pubs and bars and then provide reviews of the main ones that I visited - which was most of the ones we would consider 'pubs'.

I intend to split the reviews by geographical area in the hope that that might be more useful. Then I'll do a "Best bars for xxxx" section.

Please understand that, as with any review on the site, these are purely my own views and may have been formed from a single visit. As we know, one's experience of a pub can differ depending on the time of day, bar staff working, fellow clientele etc.

Unless otherwise mentioned, all pubs reviewed were visited by me during an August 2012 trip, with many also remembered from visits in Feb and Nov 2002.

I'll be building the thread up over a few days and, of course, the thread is open for additions or corrections by anyone with further information.