Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great name for a beer

Default Great name for a beer

Just browsing through THIS, I got to number 19(VALE HOPOCALYPSE VALE) and thought what a great name for a beer. what's your favourite ?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

i have always liked
    church end -what the foxs hat
    and recently
    brains -wiesse wiesse baby
    cheers

Sorry. I posted a new Wetherspoon's Real Ale Festival thread before I realised what this thread was about.
    Waes hael!

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    i have always liked
    church end -what the foxs hat
    and recently
    brains -wiesse wiesse baby
    cheers
    Brains-wiesse wiesse baby ,never tasted it but an inspired name. If I saw it I'd have to give it a go.
    -W.C.Fields

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Brains-wiesse wiesse baby... an inspired name.
    Not with this spelling (& therefore pronunciation) - I didn't get it, until I found it's actually Weiss Weiss Baby.
    Put this on the pedant thread, if you wish, but it's meant to be explanatory, not critical.

Now for criticism. Wheat beers. I don't get it. They put me off on an aesthetic level, and don't improve on tasting. Don't like it Sir? No wonder - you've not yet got a wedge of lemon or orange in it! Yeah right!
    One that I could manage happily was Oakham White Dwarf -clear - you wouldnt know it was a wheat beer and, indeed, I note this morning that their site says it no longer is...
    Last edited by trainman; 30-09-2012 at 08:13.

This Space For Hire

Ska brewing - Modus Hoperandi
    Marble - Pint

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Now for criticism. Wheat beers. I don't get it. They put me off on an aesthetic level, and don't improve on tasting. Don't like it Sir? No wonder - you've not yet got a wedge of lemon or orange in it! Yeah right!
    One that I could manage happily was Oakham White Dwarf -clear - you wouldnt know it was a wheat beer and, indeed, I note this morning that their site says it no longer is...
    I have to say I've never gotten on with Wheat beers,hence I haven't tried that many though I'm sure like all beer some are better than others.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

wheat beers are one of my favourite styles.But clear wheat beers annoy me.cloudy filthy mucky is how they should be.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Not with this spelling (& therefore pronunciation) - I didn't get it, until I found it's actually Weiss Weiss Baby.
    Put this on the pedant thread, if you wish, but it's meant to be explanatory, not critical.

i didnt check the spelling for the Brains beer but used the German normal style which is wiesse for wheat beers rather than the rarely used weiss which is white beer.i stand corrected. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    i didnt check the spelling for the Brains beer but used the German normal style which is wiesse for wheat beers rather than the rarely used weiss which is white beer.i stand corrected. cheers
    Strictly speaking, "weizen" means 'wheat', although it is almost interchangeable with "weiss" (or "weiß") meaning 'white' in most German regions when followed (whether actually or in an implied manner) by the word "bier". However, when used after a town or brewery name (e.g. Berliner or Franziskaner) it becomes becomes "weisse".