Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Bristol bar with no draught anything

This Space For Hire

Default Bristol bar with no draught anything

Wees Lounge Bar doesn't sell draught anything now further to Blackthorn's previous review, should it be included as I didn't bother doing it due to it.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 14-08-2012 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Wees Lounge Bar doesn't sell draught anything now further to Blackthorn's previous review, should it be included as I didn't bother doing it due to it.
    Does it sell anything in any shape or form?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Bottled stuff, I was outside taking picture of it when mate returned informing me of no draught beverages.

I suppose if it sells a range of bottled beers it should remain included, doesn't sound like the kind of place I would want to go to though.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 18-08-2012 at 20:39.
    -W.C.Fields

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

If it's still there and serving beer i would say it should stay. It's already on the site and has a review and a photo. Perhaps an up to date review re the beer situation would be useful
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire

Possibly, the original guidelines of my pub quest to have a pint in every pub in Greater Bristol, now expanded to the former Avon area minus Bath and Weston was based upon the serving of draught. Perhaps this is muddying my view of what should and shouldn't be on here.

So next query is do I add the numerous cafe bars that do serve draught but could not necessarily be classed as a pub? Hmm, dilemma time.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Possibly, the original guidelines of my pub quest to have a pint in every pub in Greater Bristol, now expanded to the former Avon area minus Bath and Weston was based upon the serving of draught. Perhaps this is muddying my view of what should and shouldn't be on here.

So next query is do I add the numerous cafe bars that do serve draught but could not necessarily be classed as a pub? Hmm, dilemma time.
    There has been much debate upon what is pub or not, general consensus is if any one can walk in off the street [without need to be a member of CAMRA, club etc] and buy an alcoholic drink without need to purchase anything else, like a sandwich, then it qualifies

Of course you may apply your own criteria for including on PuG, I for instance have no intention of adding the hundreds of hotels / B & Bs in Southsea that have public access to the bar, but have added a few Cafe Rouge, because as someone pointed out a CR may be just the place that a thirsty bloke could actually get his ma in law to enter
    I drink to make others more interesting

I think that is down to you.
    I don’t see much point in adding lots of bars without reviewing them because by the time someone gets around to visiting the names will probably have changed several times.
    On the other hand a list of all café/bars in an area does give the site some completion and someone is more likely to leave a review/photo of somewhere if it is already listed on the site.

So the best thing would probably be to get your Peroni head on and get visiting, scribbling and snapping!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

If you have visited the establishment,enjoyed it (or possibly not) but you think it maybe of interest to others who view the site , then add it. Of course everybody has different tastes and ultimately will have to make up there own minds.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 20-08-2012 at 18:30.
    -W.C.Fields

Administrator

I can't say I've ever been there and it sounds mainly like a cocktail bar so not really my kind of place, but I certainly can't see any reason for it not to be on the site.