Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Back in the smoke again.

Default Back in the smoke again.

Just doing a bit of homework for tomorrows London Trip,the plan so far after the usual start in The Harp is-
    The Castle
    The Gunmakers
    Craft Beer Co.
    The Jerusalem Tavern
    The Fox & Anchor
    The Old Red Cow
    Hand & Shears

That,s the plan so far, I'm meeting the two mates who are with me tomorrow ,down my local this afternoon to agree on the above,of the list above Iv'e never been to the Gunmakers and I'm not sure if Iv'e been to the Old Red Cow before,It sounds alright going by the most recent review. I'll let you know how it goes in due course.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 14-08-2012 at 04:59.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Yep, the Beer house concept now employed at the Old Red Cow worked for me, but then I did visit during a quiet late Sunday afternoon and do wonder how this place functions during mid week , especially with the after work crowd..
    Haven't had the opportunity to revisit since April so will be interesting to get your view, and also on the Gunmakers which is usually one that polarises opinions..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Yep, the Beer house concept now employed at the Old Red Cow worked for me, but then I did visit during a quiet late Sunday afternoon and do wonder how this place functions during mid week , especially with the after work crowd..
    Haven't had the opportunity to revisit since April so will be interesting to get your view, and also on the Gunmakers which is usually one that polarises opinions..
    Looking forward to finding out, I think I must have been to The old red cow in the past but made no notes for some reason,but it will have been long before its present concept,I'll let you know my views in the next couple of days or so.
    -W.C.Fields

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    I,ll let you know. Leaving to catch train up in 20 mins.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 14-08-2012 at 07:05.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Just doing a bit of homework for tomorrows London Trip,the plan so far after the usual start in The Harp is-
    The Castle
    The Gunmakers
    Craft Beer Co.
    The Jerusalem Tavern
    The Fox & Anchor
    The Old Red Cow
    Hand & Shears

That,s the plan so far, I'm meeting the two mates who are with me tomorrow ,down my local this afternoon to agree on the above,of the list above Iv'e never been to the Gunmakers and I'm not sure if Iv'e been to the Old Red Cow before,It sounds alright going by the most recent review. I'll let you know how it goes in due course.
    A pretty successful day,a brief summary tonight and may elaborate further tomorrow night as well as full reviews on main site.

Briefly in order of appearance
    The Harp-Mecca 10/10
    The Castle-Top Boozer, good staff 8/10
    The Gunmakers, again top boozer and top landlord,really refreshing attitude 9/10
    The Craft Beer Co ,almost unrivalled ale selection 8/10
    Jerusalem Tavern,good solid pub and beer 7/10
    The Old Red Cow ,Decent Idea but at £5.50 for a pint of keg(craft)Jaipur IPA,excellent pint by the way, I strongly feel this is taking the piss,sorry about the language but this was a blemish on a very good day. 4/10
    Didn't make the Fox and Anchor or The Hand and Shears but managed a couple of pints in the excellent Kings Arms ,Waterloo.8/10.
    More indepth reflections tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 14-08-2012 at 22:37.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    A pretty successful day,a brief summary tonight and may elaborate further tomorrow night as well as full reviews on main site.

Briefly in order of appearance
    The Harp-Mecca 10/10
    The Castle-Top Boozer, good staff 8/10
    The Gunmakers, again top boozer and top landlord,really refreshing attitude 9/10
    The Craft Beer Co ,almost unrivalled ale selection 8/10
    Jerusalem Tavern,good solid pub and beer 7/10
    The Old Red Cow ,Decent Idea but at £5.50 for a pint of keg(craft)Jaipur IPA,excellent pint by the way, I strongly feel this is taking the piss,sorry about the language but this was a blemish on a very good day. 4/10
    Didn't make the Fox and Anchor or The Hand and Shears but managed a couple of pints in the excellent Kings Arms ,Waterloo.8/10.
    More indepth reflections tomorrow night.
    Will review properly on main site(now sobered up)soon. Just one observation ,the first three pubs excluding the Harp,which is always great, were especially good ,not only because the beer was excellent but also because the landlords/managers/barstaff were all prepared to interact with their customers (us) and have some banter,part of the makeup of a good pub,these pubs all had it and it made the difference between a good pub and a really good pub.
    -W.C.Fields