Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous things inexperienced staff do...

Default Ridiculous things inexperienced staff do...

I was in a restaurant last night in Birmingham, which I shall not name, where they sell bottled real ales. I had one of these, Worcester Sorcerer by Sadler's.

I pointed out to the waitress that my beer was too warm. She apologised sincerely and bought a glass of ice to the table for me to put into my beer to cool it down.

After I said that ice in beer isn't a good thing, she went off to replace it with a different beer, brewed and bottled for the restaurant by JW Lees.

While she was at the bar, we all laughed out loud.

There were other issues which meant we will not be visiting this particular restaurant again.

But ice in beer really summed up the service we received here!
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

I'll stay on me own

At least that was in a restaurant,
    I was offered ice to cool down a very warm drink of real ale in a pub in central London,i refused saying you dont put ice in beer.

I just found the whole experience that night breathtakingly incompetent. The ice for the beer just summed it up.

If you don't understand beer and you're a restaurant, don't sell it! Especially at £4.60 a bottle.
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

This Space For Hire

Out on my own recently, I left a cm of beer in my glass and went to the toilet. When I came back 90 seconds later the glass had already been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Out on my own recently, I left a cm of beer in my glass and went to the toilet. When I came back 90 seconds later the glass had already been taken.
    Did you complain heartily?

This Space For Hire

I was leaving anyway..Coronation Street was due on

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I was offered ice to cool down a very warm drink of real ale in a pub in central London,i refused saying you dont put ice in beer.
    I blame the marketing people with all this "over ice" crap trying to push questionable bottled drinks on younger, more gullible, drinkers

At least you did not have the indignity of asking for a glass to pour it in which happened to me, admittedly it was at outside catering at an air show. I did get a "glass" made of poxy plastic. At over £4 a 500ml tin I still fume when I think of it
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I blame the marketing people with all this "over ice" crap trying to push questionable bottled drinks on younger, more gullible, drinkers

At least you did not have the indignity of asking for a glass to pour it in which happened to me, admittedly it was at outside catering at an air show. I did get a "glass" made of poxy plastic. At over £4 a 500ml tin I still fume when I think of it
    The sheer appalling nature of the drinks you get served at many gig venues puts me off going to them now. Spending 2+ hours drinking cans of £4 beer that cost 60p in tesco's is utterly ridiculous. No wonder all the girls take in bottles of vodka in their handbags nowadays.

My particular bete noir from the inexperienced is them thinking a 1/4 pint of head is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    The sheer appalling nature of the drinks you get served at many gig venues puts me off going to them now. Spending 2+ hours drinking cans of £4 beer that cost 60p in tesco's is utterly ridiculous. No wonder all the girls take in bottles of vodka in their handbags nowadays.
    Not just the girls

I am a salmon !!