Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Ridiculous things inexperienced staff do...

  1. #1
    Glass Half Empty General Staal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the north of Birmingham
    Posts
    198

    Default Ridiculous things inexperienced staff do...

    I was in a restaurant last night in Birmingham, which I shall not name, where they sell bottled real ales. I had one of these, Worcester Sorcerer by Sadler's.

    I pointed out to the waitress that my beer was too warm. She apologised sincerely and bought a glass of ice to the table for me to put into my beer to cool it down.

    After I said that ice in beer isn't a good thing, she went off to replace it with a different beer, brewed and bottled for the restaurant by JW Lees.

    While she was at the bar, we all laughed out loud.

    There were other issues which meant we will not be visiting this particular restaurant again.

    But ice in beer really summed up the service we received here!
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

  2. #2
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    At least that was in a restaurant,
    I was offered ice to cool down a very warm drink of real ale in a pub in central London,i refused saying you dont put ice in beer.

  3. #3
    Glass Half Empty General Staal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the north of Birmingham
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I just found the whole experience that night breathtakingly incompetent. The ice for the beer just summed it up.

    If you don't understand beer and you're a restaurant, don't sell it! Especially at £4.60 a bottle.
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

  4. #4
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Out on my own recently, I left a cm of beer in my glass and went to the toilet. When I came back 90 seconds later the glass had already been taken.

  5. #5
    Glass Half Empty General Staal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the north of Birmingham
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Out on my own recently, I left a cm of beer in my glass and went to the toilet. When I came back 90 seconds later the glass had already been taken.
    Did you complain heartily?
    I'll just stay till we've won the quiz...Or taken over the world...Whichever comes first

  6. #6
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    532

    Default

    I was leaving anyway..Coronation Street was due on

  7. #7
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I was offered ice to cool down a very warm drink of real ale in a pub in central London,i refused saying you dont put ice in beer.
    I blame the marketing people with all this "over ice" crap trying to push questionable bottled drinks on younger, more gullible, drinkers

    At least you did not have the indignity of asking for a glass to pour it in which happened to me, admittedly it was at outside catering at an air show. I did get a "glass" made of poxy plastic. At over £4 a 500ml tin I still fume when I think of it
    I drink to make others more interesting

  8. #8
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I blame the marketing people with all this "over ice" crap trying to push questionable bottled drinks on younger, more gullible, drinkers

    At least you did not have the indignity of asking for a glass to pour it in which happened to me, admittedly it was at outside catering at an air show. I did get a "glass" made of poxy plastic. At over £4 a 500ml tin I still fume when I think of it
    The sheer appalling nature of the drinks you get served at many gig venues puts me off going to them now. Spending 2+ hours drinking cans of £4 beer that cost 60p in tesco's is utterly ridiculous. No wonder all the girls take in bottles of vodka in their handbags nowadays.

  9. #9
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,791

    Default

    My particular bete noir from the inexperienced is them thinking a 1/4 pint of head is acceptable.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  10. #10
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    The sheer appalling nature of the drinks you get served at many gig venues puts me off going to them now. Spending 2+ hours drinking cans of £4 beer that cost 60p in tesco's is utterly ridiculous. No wonder all the girls take in bottles of vodka in their handbags nowadays.
    Not just the girls


    I am a salmon !!

Similar Threads

  1. Things not too say when Drunk
    By Alesonly in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 23-08-2012, 21:18
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 10:31
  3. Boak and Bailey's Beer Blog - Weird bar staff quirks
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 11:32
  4. Called to the Bar - Bar staff rubbish, parts 1 & 2
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 12:21
  5. The Staff Of Life Inn Todmorden
    By katefritchley in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 13:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •