Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get a picture next to your name

Yes Peter Griffin,i am an avid fan of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    ....you can join Oldboots who has a picture of Tommy, the miserable old git .................
    There's a fairly obvious reason for that..............
    Last edited by oldboots; 13-08-2012 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Thanks to Milay and Mobyduck for your avatar instructions,they were spot on.
    I had to reconstruct the process as I went along just to make sure I got the instructions right,hence for a while the steptoe thing, demonstration purposes only,although I am warming to it.Just goes to show anyone can learn.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I think you should Mobyduck, you can join Oldboots who has a picture of Tommy, the miserable old git from Early Doors, as his avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    There's a fairly obvious reason for that..............
    A little harsh all round possibly?
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I have just changed my avatar picture as an example, this is how I did it.
    1- find an image I want to use, for some strange reason I thought of Albert Steptoe.
    2-Google Steptoe and select images,pick an image that appeals and right click on it.
    3-In the box that appears left click on save image as.
    4- A new box or tab opens and gives you the option to name it as a file name, I just entered steptoe and pressed save.
    5- On my system this image can now found by pressing the start button in the bottom left hand of the moniter screen and selecting my recent documents,go down the list and select steptoe which is now saved to your computer.
    6-Ok so now starting from scratch bring up the pubs galore forum main page,select settings then select edit avatar.The edit avatar box now appears with option 1 enter ulr to the image on another website, and option 2 upload image from your computer, select this,by pressing the choose file button and a box/tab (I'm not sure of the correct terminology)will appear,where it says file name write steptoe and then press open, the image appears and then all you have to do is then press the save changes button at the bottom and the image will be saved as your avatar picture and appear after every post and on your profile. I know this seems long winded but is not so bad in practice, if any one can explain in simpler terms please do, that took me the best part of half an hour. Anyway hope that helps a little bit Alan, cheers.

p.s I'm not keeping the steptoe thing for long.
    Thanks for all that advise Mobyduck.

It all seems a bit too complicated for me to do,i did have a quick look on Google, this might sound stupid how do you find small photos when searching the internet.

Cheers Alan

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Alan, either use Moby's step 2 above or if you prefer go to Google first then choose images, then pick what you want via the searchbox. You can of course use one of your own photos as I have. Good luck mate, you will get there. If you don't, no one is looking for an avatar, more interested in what you have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for all that advise Mobyduck.

It all seems a bit too complicated for me to do,i did have a quick look on Google, this might sound stupid how do you find small photos when searching the internet.

Cheers Alan
    Sorry Alan just got back from London,totally I'll see if I can help further tomorrow,but now not a lot is making sense any which way.
    -W.C.Fields

Right Alan I am now half sensible,about as good as it gets in truth,pick a subject/topic,google it as I did with Steptoe then click on Images,loads of photos of your subject will come up.Choose one you like,right click on it and an options box will appear,left click on the option "save image as".A box will then come up asking you to put a name to your image,in my case steptoe,then press the save button,this will now save the image on your computer,in my case to new documents accessed by pressing the start button bottom left of the moniter as you look at it.You should be then able to follow option 2 as previously explained, "upload an image from your computer".Try this and hopefully this will work.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I have tried your google version and have had a bit of fun with that. Always broused my pictures before and used one of my own photos as an avatar. That really gives some scope. Won't be keeping this one long though!!

I just googled Mr Blobby, right clicked the photo that came up, save as in my pictures. Then on the settings in pubs galore I just went into edit avatar and broused my photos and selected Mr Blobby.

Cheers. Gill
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 15-08-2012 at 21:04.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Nice one Gill, we could see a trend in the ever changing avatar.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.