As is traditional, I thought I should start a blog for my Gibraltar trip which starts tomorrow. I actually have an overnight stay at a Heathrow hotel today (helpfully paid for with loyalty points) so that I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning. I'm not sure what the quality of updates might be, I'm taking the trusty netbook but it's about 84 years old now, creaks and groans like an old washer woman on laundry day and suffers from occasional blue screen syndrome.

I don't really have a plan for the week, I'll hit the tourist information place vwhen I arrive and see what trips are going. I want to get out and do a bit of dolphin spotting and maybe do a day trip to Tangiers. I definitely want to get to Spain as well, even if it's just stepping over the border. I've visited around 15 different countries but amazingly never been to Spain.

None of this will interest you lot of course, what you'll want to hear about are the pubs and the beer. Well from my previous experience there are plenty of pubs on the Rock, sadly no cask beer but I'll hunt around for something interesting. They also have the most southerly pub in Europe which will be worth seeking out. The Trafalgar, the Clipper and the Venture Inn were the best sports pubs from what I can recall from 10 years ago and I'll be keeping up to date with the Olympics, as I suspect will be the proud Gibraltarians.

Cheers
Clive