Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
I reckon the beer is more consistent in Spoons than other pubs, a lot of pubs don't even sell real ale at all and so I think they should be included in the equation. Over the last few years I have only had poor pints in three Spoons and I'm happy to name and shame. The Toll Gate in London N8, the Gilpin's Bell in London N9 and the Admiral Byng in Potters Bar.
My nearest spoons is The Prince Arthur (JD Wetherspoon). Iv,e had some decent pints there over the space of the last ten years but these have been out weighed by at best very average and worse very poor pints.Maybe this is just an example of a below average spoons but I don't bother any more ,I'm not wealthy in any sense of the word ,in fact quite the opposite, but I would sooner spend £3.50 on a decent pint in a pub I am comfortable in, than pay £1.99 and play Russian roulette with the beer however interesting the beer choice may sound.I don't count pubs that don't sell real ale in my particular equation as they don't interest me and I wouldn't knowingly enter one in normal circumstances. I take your point about the GBG feedback form and will use it.
I still hate Marmite.