Visit the a swift one site

I know I am probably talking to the converted but I have recently come across a website that is almost as useful as 'A Swift One' so I thought the fairest thing would be to share my experiences with you, and see what you thought.

The site is called 'RateBeer' and has world wide coverage. It gives the reader chance to give the beer that he has drunk a score based on taste, colour and appearance, and then give a brief explanation of his scores. Of course this is very subjective, and a few of the beers I checked give them widely different scores. So I would take this part of the site with a pinch of salt.

Where I have found the site useful is that I does give lists of breweries, lists of beers they produce and lists of pubs. It is obviously not definitive, and not every brewery, nor every beer or pub is included but it does contain a large number and helps out when you 'tick' a beer but due to some unforeseen circumstance you cannot read your writing !

Searching on a county brings a list if towns and then searching deeper brings a list of pubs within that town with brief details and the odd review. There are scores for each pub but again these are subjective and do not accurately reflect the needs of the individual drinker in my opinion. But notwithstanding that it is a useful tool for finding pubs in a new area.

Not only that - the site come with a downloadable app. So that you can carry all this information about with you wherever you may be, and check out pubs and beer whilst on the go. Now that is something I have found a really useful piece of kit to have.

Give it a go, see what you think...

More...