Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Premier League Fantasy Football 2012/13

Hybrid View

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Default Premier League Fantasy Football 2012/13

Time to start looking at who the stars of the 2012/13 season might be. Van Persie looks like he could be heading abroad so who will get Arsenal's goals. With Drogba gone will Torres suddenly find his scoring boots or will Di Matteo follow Spain's example and play 6 midfielders, he certainly seems to be stocking up on them. In midfield can the likes of Bale, Mata and Walcott continue to provide assists and will Dempsey be as prolific if he moves to Liverpool. Last year was a poor one for clean sheets so I suspect most played three at the back most weeks, will this year be different. And finally who will come forward as this season's Michel Vorm.

So the challenge is on and Peter Ashworth has a title to defend. Can anyone wrest it away from him.

I've drafted my initial team but it will probably be changed a few times before the big kick-off on 18th August.

Roger, you set up the Pubs Galore league last year so if you intend to play again this year it will be easier if you could renew the league. Then all those who took part last year will automatically be entered. Please post the league's code for any new players. If you are not going to be playing let me know and I'll do it.

Good luck to everyone.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Done it! League Name is Pubs Galore - code to enter is 266150-75884

Link to the site is here... https://users.premierleague.com/Prem...geTitle=logout
    Last edited by RogerB; 25-07-2012 at 09:38.

Looking forward to this league again,and cannot see me being that lucky again.This year i noticed most of the players value's have increased but with the 100 Million still the same.
    With all the top teams expanding there squad,it might not be a good idea to have to many big names inyour squad.There is nothing more maddening than when a manager rests two of his big names for a so called easy match, only to bring them on in the last 5 mins,and even more maddening if one of your replacments had got a clean sheet and the other scored a couple of goals.

Good Luck

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

I am back in this season after giving last season a miss , see if i can beat my 3rd place on the first outing
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Thanks Roger, 5 teams in so far. For some reason I wasn't automatically entered into the league and had to use the code, but I'm in. Welcome back Oggwyn.

I think you're right Wild Rover, the secret could be finding those players who will be starting regularly, rotation is especially relevant when the European games come around. I've initially picked two big hitters up front and tried to find some value in midfield. I'll probably pick three cheap defenders, who are likely to play, and start with one or maybe two of them each week alongside two from the top sides.

In the spirit of fairness I should make you all aware that we have the unusual scenario of a double gameweek in the very first week with Chelsea and Reading each having two games. Before you start stocking up on their players though, be aware that neither of them are playing in gameweek 3.

There is also the little matter of the Olympic competition. Whilst the tournament will be over before the season starts some managers might think those playing need a bit of a rest or are not quite ready, I suppose it depends how much they play. I think those affected from the Great Britain team (I can't bring myself to call us Team GB) are Caulker, Richards, Tomkins, Cleverley,Ramsey, Sinclair and Sturridge. Others involved include Suarez, De Gea, Mata, Nelsen and Ji Dong-Won.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I'm In.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

And me, although I had to use the code as well.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Late as ever - just joined.

I am a salmon !!