Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Nicholson's (Rooster's) Welsummer

Default Nicholson's (Rooster's) Welsummer

Nicholson's (St Austell) Pale Ale has come in for a pasting in many reviews, but has anybody tried the chain's new exclusive brew - Welsummer - from Rooster's?

"A 4.5% pale ale, brewed using a blend of four American hops (Cascade, Chinook, Citra & Eldorado) and named after a breed of chicken" according to the blurb, but pretty good I thought on a first tasting at The Swan, Hammersmith.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    ...has anybody tried the chain's new exclusive brew - Welsummer - from Rooster's?

"A 4.5% pale ale, brewed using a blend of four American hops (Cascade, Chinook, Citra & Eldorado) and named after a breed of chicken" according to the blurb, but pretty good I thought on a first tasting at The Swan, Hammersmith.
    Managed to try this in The Victoria, Leeds on Friday evening. I thought it a good solid beer, certainly drinkable, but a little underwhelming considering the hop varities used. Roosters Accomplice, tried over the road in Veritas, knocked spots off it.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.