Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yatton bar should it be added?

This Space For Hire

Default Yatton bar should it be added?

Was out finishing Congresbury today but The Plough Inn was shut so thought let's hit Yatton. Stumbled on http://www.theclubandspabristol.co.uk/the-lounge Would this be classed as a pub, signage alterted us to a bar so I'd say yes but given it could be classed as a hotel unsure whether to add it.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 22-07-2012 at 18:09.

Without opening that particular can of worms, can you go in just for a drink without buying a meal or paying an entrance charge? If yes then it's pretty much a "pub". Stick it on and warn people what it's like in the review.

It sounds horrendous, but if their criterion agrees with what OB said above it has just as much right to be on here as any other bar.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Without opening that particular can of worms, can you go in just for a drink without buying a meal or paying an entrance charge? If yes then it's pretty much a "pub". Stick it on and warn people what it's like in the review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    It sounds horrendous, but if their criterion agrees with what OB said above it has just as much right to be on here as any other bar.
    I agree with the above ,but it does open up the way for any hotel,seaside B&b's etc with bars open to non residents however tiny they are. Not really pubs.A can of worms indeed.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

I had a very pleasant pint of Thatcher's Gold there a year or so ago, sat out on the patio with great views across the valley.

It didn't really occur to me to add it though, since I was only there for a meal. Technically it probably meets the criteria, but it's not really what most people would consider a pub, and certainly passing by on the road it looks like a hotel at the end of a long drive, so it's unlikely to attract any passing punters who fancy a pint. It may have changed since I was there though, that was before MPW took over the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I agree with the above ,but it does open up the way for any hotel,seaside B&b's etc with bars open to non residents however tiny they are. Not really pubs.A can of worms indeed.
    Living here in Eastbourne there are countless hotel bars that could be added and I’ve not been in one that will only serve residents.What I decided to do was limit them to hotel bars that have advertisements outside that welcome non-residents. These places tend to have a larger bar area and wider choice of beverage than those that don’t advertise.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

This Space For Hire

It fits the criteria and further research shows there is 3 bars on site all open to the public. Think I'll leave adding it to here and just add to my list. Need to go and do the other 2 now. I'll make sure it's not my round when I go....

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

My usual answer to these things is yes you should add it but only if you personally think it should be added and that you personally have been there AND will post an informative review. If you think it's worth it don't worry too much about 'protocol'.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    My usual answer to these things is yes you should add it but only if you personally think it should be added and that you personally have been there AND will post an informative review. If you think it's worth it don't worry too much about 'protocol'.
    well said
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    I had a very pleasant pint of Thatcher's Gold there a year or so ago, sat out on the patio with great views across the valley.
    Not lying about the view.