Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you Edit Profile

I'll stay on me own

Default How do you Edit Profile

I am completley usless with computors and i still dont know how to edit my profile on the Forum.

There are many other things i still dont know how to do on the main site,like linking a pub to a post,i will try and think of a few more things i dont understand and add them to this pathetic list.

Cheers Alan

At the top right of the screen in little letters it says ‘my profile’ next to ‘settings’ and ‘log out’.

Click on ‘my profile’ and your profile page will pop up. The first title on the page is ‘basic information’ followed by ‘about me’. The list of profile information is here and this can be edited by clicking on the little pencil after each topic, eg biography or location.

To link a pub you have to go to the pubs page and copy the address, eg http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/28813/.

When adding a post there is a menu bar above the text box that you write your message in. The one that looks like a globe with a tape recorder on it is the ‘add link’ icon. (Next to the smiley face).
    Click on this add link icon and then paste the address that you copied from the pubs page into the text box that pops up. This process should add the link.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

To make it look right in the text of your post, you have to highlight the text where you want the link to the pub to be. For instance, if you write "this pub", you then highlight those words by clicking with your mouse and dragging across. Then go to the Pubs Galore page for the pub you want to link to. (You need to have both Pubs Galore and the Forum open on different tabs, so that you can switch between them.)

Copy the address, as Strongers says, by going to the top of the page and highlighting the whole of the address (just click on it or next to it). Use Ctrl+C or right click with the mouse to copy. Switch back to the Forum and click on the Link icon. Paste using Ctrl+V or right click with the mouse again. Press OK and you will have a link to this pub.

Good luck!
    Come On You Hatters!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    To make it look right in the text of your post, you have to highlight the text where you want the link to the pub to be. For instance, if you write "this pub", you then highlight those words by clicking with your mouse and dragging across. Then go to the Pubs Galore page for the pub you want to link to. (You need to have both Pubs Galore and the Forum open on different tabs, so that you can switch between them.)

Copy the address, as Strongers says, by going to the top of the page and highlighting the whole of the address (just click on it or next to it). Use Ctrl+C or right click with the mouse to copy. Switch back to the Forum and click on the Link icon. Paste using Ctrl+V or right click with the mouse again. Press OK and you will have a link to this pub.

Good luck!
    This has shed some light on my own shortcomings ,cheers s h.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Star Inn

I just highlight the pub, then copy and paste. Never used the link button before.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/53680/

Above was an attempt with the link button.

Think I prefer to just copy and paste.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

I'll stay on me own

Thanks for all your help,i have now changed my profile page ,but i dont know how to copy or paste ,i have looked for the buttons on my laptop but i car'nt find anything to do with copy or pasting.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for all your help,i have now changed my profile page ,but i dont know how to copy or paste ,i have looked for the buttons on my laptop but i car'nt find anything to do with copy or pasting.

Alan
    Highlight the text you want to copy by left clicking and hold down,drag across the text you want to copy,it will be highlighted in blue.Right click on the highlighted text and then the options will appear,left click copy then move the cursor to the area you want to paste,right click on this area then left click on paste and your required text should appear. Hope this is right I'm no computer wizard but I'm getting there slowly.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Alan, just highlight what you want to paste then right click your mouse. Click on "copy". This will save it in your computer's memory, then once you move to where you want to put the stuff right click again and select "paste".

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Oops, too many cooks, I hope not!