Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SuperBru Premier League Prediction Game 2012/13

I'll stay on me own

Thanks Clive for accepting me into the pool so quickly.

Now here is my usuall problem,i can get onto the site when useing the old SportGuru site as this site remembers my secret password,but when i go through the new Superbrew site it doesnt remember my secret password so i car'nt log into the site as i have forgot my password.
    I am under the impression that the old SportGuru site will be closed down at some point in the future which will then make me unable to log into the new SuperBrew site.

I hope you can help me out with this has i am always having problems with secret passwords.

Cheers Alan

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks Clive for accepting me into the pool so quickly.

Now here is my usuall problem,i can get onto the site when useing the old SportGuru site as this site remembers my secret password,but when i go through the new Superbrew site it doesnt remember my secret password so i car'nt log into the site as i have forgot my password.
    I am under the impression that the old SportGuru site will be closed down at some point in the future which will then make me unable to log into the new SuperBrew site.

I hope you can help me out with this has i am always having problems with secret passwords.

Cheers Alan
    I've not got a good Internet connection at the moment to check but most sites have a "forget password" link that you can use to get your password e-mailed to you. I suggest trying that on the SuperBru site as all details should have mapped across. Alternatively there may be a "contact us" link on the SportGuru site, you could use that and send them a message, they're usually quite helpful.

Let me know how you get on.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

I'll stay on me own

Cheers Clive,

I tried that and i have now got two different passwords so i am now getting more so i sent them a message about my problems and also explained that i am completly useless on computors,no reply yet.
    I will let you know if i am unable to make picks for the first matches.

Cheers Alan

I see you've managed to both join and make your picks Alan. The only outstanding picks are for Strongers, obviously waiting for that last minute transfer news.

There's something I have just discovered about the scoring for this year's competition which has changed a little. The Margin Point which last year was about goals scored by a particular team and goal difference has been replaced by something called a Closeness Index. I think the theory is that if you forecast a team to win 2-0 and the result is 4-2 then you,ve not got particularly close. So this Closeness Index factors in both goal difference and total goals scored and comes up with a number. A correct result will result in a CI of 0 and you will get a full point. CI's of 1 and 1.50 will get fractions of a point, anything 2 or over and you don't get the Margin Point.

Clear ?? I thought not. Don't worry though, all you need to dois to predict the score as usual, but you will note a difference when you look at the points scored in the pool. The Bonus Point remains for whoever in the pool get's closest and there is also the 3 Grand slam points if anyone gets every win/lose/draw result correct in a given week.

Good Luck to everyone and it's not too late for anyone still wishing to join.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

If anyone plays Super6, as you should with the chance to go for £100k for free, that has changed scoring as well. I've not managed to access it yet tho, they were still developing the site earlier in the week!

Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I see you've managed to both join and make your picks Alan. The only outstanding picks are for Strongers, obviously waiting for that last minute transfer news.
    It must be time to get out the Magic 8 Ball.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Well that went really well today!
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Well that went really well today!
    I thought I’d play safe and go for the favourites and I got them all wrong… I still managed to get 0.5 points somehow.

Time to start chasing Hondo again!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

My own personal pool is currently in first place (out of 1,995 pools)! Rather chuffed. Just hope Man City v Southampton doesn't stich us up as we have a few varying scores.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    My own personal pool is currently in first place (out of 1,995 pools)! Rather chuffed. Just hope Man City v Southampton doesn't stich us up as we have a few varying scores.
    In second place after the City game Roger, great performance but I feel I may be dragging you down!

The Pubs Galore pool is in 735th place.