Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CAMRA pub of the year

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    In the Darent Valley, you will find The Bull (at Horton Kirby, to be precise) - approx 25 minutes walk from Farningham Road station. And that's a pub which I would recommend to absolutely anybody!
    Quite so!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    If the Bull doesn't make to the finals of next years PotY, my opinion of CAMRA will be somewhat diminished, I have to say.
    I should have realised it won the local CAMRA PotY 2009 - I was there the night they were celebrating the award! D'oh. Strangely enough I used the pub more regularly 20 years ago when we used to play them at darts. It was a bog standard pub then. Now it is worthy of special praise and I rarely manage to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    or even local pubs to attract people to publicise their activities and get more people to become involved and have a say.
    I was a member of CAMRA years ago, but my involvement came to nought, I'm not much of a joiner and even less of a joiner-in, my fault, not CAMRA's. Nowadays, I'm afraid, it smacks too much of a 'one issue' lobbyist movement to attract me back.
    That said, I usually, apart from this forum and the MA, only come across it via monthly newsletters left in pubs and they often give me a fresh slant on pubs and beer in my area. In that respect some local branches are doing exactly as you suggest, Mr B.
    While I do not support the political aims of organisations such as CAMRA, I understand the frustration that motivates them, and recognise the effort that CAMRA has put into forwarding what I have to accept is a hobby.
    Mrs 'rd' calls it an obsession, now and then she gets quite rude about it.
    After that little lot I feel it's time to lift a Sneck.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    It's good, but not THAT good.
    It is. Oh it so is...