Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: New pubs that are being built - add to site now?

Default New pubs that are being built - add to site now?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but what's the policy regarding subbing pubs that are not yet open? Walking the parent's dog this morning I noticed a new pub being built at Portishead Marina. A quick net trawl confirms it is indeed on its way, with the name already decided upon. However there is no opening date set and from what I saw this morning it looks like a good couple of months before it's all done.

So...

Should I sub it now? Would it show as closed?

etc. I like to think our greatest strength is that we are usually ahead of the competition...

Anyway off to walk the dog again, but gonna have a pint halfway at The Windmill Inn now that the sun has finally emerged

It is a good question.

As a general rule they tend to get added and marked as closed in the hope we will be informed of it opening.

I think my preferred option is that when people submit them they leave some details in a review. So for that one if you were to leave a review stating that it is likely to open sometime in the Autumn of 2012 then I would probably leave the pub marked as open so that it can get some visibilty whilst also being clear it hasn't opened yet.

As you say it is always nice getting new pubs listed as soon as possible, there are several members who try to be the first to let us know about new JDWs - we had one submitted by two people within an hour of each other not so long ago.

Cheers Dave, I'll add it in a bit.

This Space For Hire

Add it is my view. It's going to open so helps people possibly plan visits to them, once a open date is known, but at least puts it on the radar. Name it as I will be planning to go once open at the earliest available oppurtunity. Good time to revisit some of the first pubs in P'Head that are due a revisit so fill the day for me.