Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Birmingham - Purity

Spritzer Swallower

Default Birmingham - Purity

On my trudge into work from New Street Station today I noticed that there is a licencing application on one of the units in the Orion Building for a company called Pure Craft Bars Ltd, based at the Purity Brewery address in Great alne. Anyone aware of this & can confirm there is another beer pub on its way for the City Centre??

Spritzer Swallower

Looked into this a bit more and there is a planning application for the site - link to the proposed layout plan http://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/N...rod_DC_PLANAPP

So it does look like 'Pure Bars' are getting ready to do this subject to approval. As far as I know Purity have not shown their hand yet on the proposal or the type of bar and their pub co is new and this would be their first bar.

Fingers crossed this goes ahead & in the right direction.

Not sure about the plans for tables on the pavement, not the best location , but the adjoining Cafe Blend are trying it. And this area is part of the Council's masterplan for improved pedestrian access so maybe. And, for anyone who knows Navigation Street, at least that blasted scaffolding will come down!

Maybe they're all jockying for position with the new station due to open in a couple of years time. The Birmingham CAMRA Facebook page also mentions that the Bright House is to be re-named The Railway and Brew Dog are opening up a new place in John Bright Street in August.

I think that Moor Street station deserves a decent station tap......
    Waes hael!

Spritzer Swallower

Moor Street is a lovely old building & would definately benfit from a traditional pub if there was an area & the developers were minded. That whole area around Moor Street/High Street is in need of a good pub, the rest of the City Centre is getting spoilt in comparison!

Spritzer Swallower

Just happened across this - a new location for the Purity Bar. As they are going into business now with Simpsons this is going to be a WELL pricey place, not sure about Purity bringing out this keg only craft stuff as well, not that I am the biggest fan of their beer. But a good location and a stop off between the Welly and POV?!?!

http://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/N...rod_DC_PLANAPP