Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub details on PuG

Default Pub details on PuG

How long has this feature been on PuG? Have I been asleep or not gone far enough down the page to see it?
    How does it work? I left a few details on a few pubs, but when I went back into the pubs page, it had left my name there, but my choices had not been highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    How long has this feature been on PuG? Have I been asleep or not gone far enough down the page to see it?
    How does it work? I left a few details on a few pubs, but when I went back into the pubs page, it had left my name there, but my choices had not been highlighted.
    I noticed the feature about two weeks ago, and did the details on my local ,here and the details are now set, although this didn't happen instantly.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I noticed the feature about two weeks ago, and did the details on my local ,here and the details are now set, although this didn't happen instantly.
    Maybe I am missing something, but looking at your locals details, they have all got your name on, but it doesn't highlight 'Yes or No' against any of them (at least it doesn't on My computer, that is another possibility!).

EDIT: I re-booted. It WAS my computer!!
    Highlighted answers now showing
    Last edited by AlanH; 27-07-2013 at 09:55.

Hi Alan,

I think perhaps the interface is a bit confusing. The Yes/No buttons always just remain but it adds a yes or no before them.

I need to make that a little clearer and I need to do more work on the feature as a whole. I just thought it would be interesting to add that to pages and see if people were interested.

Another bit you may like to look at, if say for example you were trying to add details for all pubs in Llangollen you could use this page - it is a bit messy and also needs some work but does make it easier to do a batch of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Hi Alan,

I think perhaps the interface is a bit confusing. The Yes/No buttons always just remain but it adds a yes or no before them.

I need to make that a little clearer and I need to do more work on the feature as a whole. I just thought it would be interesting to add that to pages and see if people were interested.

Another bit you may like to look at, if say for example you were trying to add details for all pubs in Llangollen you could use this page - it is a bit messy and also needs some work but does make it easier to do a batch of them.
    Yes, that makes it much easier. I will now have to find how to access "this page" for other towns!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Yes, that makes it much easier. I will now have to find how to access "this page" for other towns!
    Again not something I've made very clear. When you are on a postal town page there is an additional link on the right hand side of the page under the big logout button that mysteriously says 'pub facilities', click that and you'll get the page you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Hi Alan,

Hi Dave ,just read your reply to Alan, the yes no buttons no longer show on my example above,maybe clearer to see but if something changes I cant then change it?
    A good addition to the page though.
    p.s maybe a single change details button at the bottom once a pub has had details submitted?
    Last edited by Mobyduck; 27-07-2013 at 10:44.
    -W.C.Fields

Hi Dave ,just read your reply to Alan, the yes no buttons no longer show on my example above,maybe clearer to see but if something changes I cant then change it?
    I didn't actually change anything so not sure what you saw. Were you logged in? It does look different to people who aren't logged in or who don't have permission to make changes.
    p.s maybe a single change details button at the bottom once a pub has had details submitted?
    Yeah it needs something like that to make it tidier. I think the details heading just needs an 'edit' button next to it that will reveal all of the controls you can see right now - that will be a fair bit of work for me though as I don't know the technicalities of pulling that off. I am learning though!

Also in case anyone is interested in how much this feature is being used so far you can take a look here http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/user-facilities/

A good addition to the page though.
    Well this is confusing, the buttons are back now, maybe because before I was on a different computer using a different browser? Now back on my own computer?
    -W.C.Fields

Well this is confusing, the buttons are back now, maybe because before I was on a different computer using a different browser? Now back on my own computer?
    Ahhh yes, so you were seeing it how the rest of the world sees it!