Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Now that's what what i call a live music pub

Default Now that's what what i call a live music pub

Any old rockers out there? Or any other denomination of music fan,( is that the right phrase?) what was or still is your favorite pub venue for live music. Not a thing I do much now but have great memories from the late 70's and early 80,s, if not a little hazy of the The Half Moon. Seeing the likes of Ronnie's Lane and Woods turn up off the cuff and slightly off track Bob Kerr's Whoopee Band ,with guest appearances from Viv Stanshall and Neil Innes of The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band and many more names of the day. Good times ,anyone got similar memories of music pubs past or present?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I went to The Half Moon on several occasions, in the late eighties, but never saw anyone of note. When I was at college in London, the first time round (80-83), I lived very close to Crockers Folly . However, in those days it was known as The Crown. Acts tended to be on the acoustic side, belting out standards. I've very fond memories of singing along to the chorus of American Pie, on a Friday night, having been liberally lubricated with several pints of Fullers ESB.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I'll stay on me own

We always went in the Imperial in Nottingham in the early 80s,the back room was dark and had a low ceiling and most bands playing here were crap but we always enjoyed it here.
    Another Nottingham pub that had live bands on was the Running Horse at canning circus,the stage was the size of a sixpence,but there were some decent bands on here,nothing well known though.

Back those days of the late 70s early 80s I used to go too The Pembury Tavern in Hackney for R&R Sundays yes that one. The Royal Standard in Walthamstow Thursdays R&R and The Cock Tavern Parmers Green and The Fox as well The Three Crowns Edmonton And the Burnel Arms & Boston Arms East Ham All were 60s Rock & Roll Biking Pubs back then with live groups like the Flying Saucers Jet Black The Avengers Plus other good 50s and 60s Retro Bands . ?
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)