Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Chesterfield corrections

Default Chesterfield corrections

Barking Badger is now called Martha's Vineyard. BTW, there's a “review” here which is neither use nor ornament (and not actually a review, either). Please delete.

Bomas Bar is now called Vegas Cafe Bar.

The County Bar and Restaurant is now The County Music Bar.

The Green Room is now The Soulville Steakhouse. Despite the name this is also a bar – I saw someone drinking and not eating as I was passing.

Havana Whites is not on Brewery Street. Correct address is 12 Corporation Street, Chesterfield, S41 7TP. I haven't come across anything to suggest it ever was in Brewery St, and Quinno's photo (1/10/11) shows the same building that I photographed this week on Corporation Street. I have corrected the map point, which Quinno placed where this building is. If the bar really was on Brewery St at some time, I guess we should have two entries for it, but as there is no photo of the (putative) original location, seems simplest to just amend the address.

I don't know what to make of “Inspiration Fat Sams”. The present name of the bar is Inspirations, and there is a cafe/sandwich bar just around the corner called Fat Sams. Are the present two institutions the result of a divorce? It doesn't matter, because the latter is not a pub by any stretch of the definition, so please just correct the name to Inspirations and excuse my rambling.

The Liquid lounge was called The Late Lounge before it closed.

Local Heroes has the same address as The Yellow Lion. A quick Google search suggests the former was a temporary name adopted following a few wins by the local football team. The signage suggests it's reverted to the more traditional name, so please delete the Local Heroes entry. The correct address for the Yellow Lion is 61-63 Saltergate and the postcode is S40 1UJ .

The Loft Bar lounge is a bit of a mystery. The address is 2 Saltergate but I walked up and down this street without finding it. The first house numbers are 10 and 12, so 2 is either the result of renumbering or has been demolished. I found a Google reference to The Loft Lounge Bar, Elder Court, 2 Saltergate and this led me to the Douglas Robson Bar, Elder Court, S40 1UT . Royal Mail still lists The Loft Bar, Elder Court, Saltergate (without the misleading 2) and I wonder if this is what is now called The Courtyard. As the bar appears to be upstairs (it's closed on Tuesdays, so I couldn't go in), I think the answer is yes. If you agree, please change the name and the address. (I have added a couple of photos, so if you think I've got this wrong, please reject them and I'll create a new listing for the Courtyard.)

The Manhatton is another mystery, as it is listed at 50 Saltergate, an address which does not exist. The Barley Mow is no.52 and the next doors are 48a and 48. It's spelt wrong anyway. Delete?

The Pink Panther is now called Boogie Nights. I would say it's a nightclub, and may well have been before. I've added a photo but I don't really care if you just delete the listing.

Spa Lanes Vaults should be Spa Lane Vaults (just one lane).

I couldn't find Spires on Cavendish St. The trouble with trying to Google a name like that is that almost every business in Chesterfield has got word spire in there somewhere. Delete?

The Twisted Pinnacle, having nobly resisted the temptation to call itself Spires, is now called Sevens.

Cheers
    Come On You Hatters!

Administrator

Hi SH,

We had a rather bizarre coincidence in that earlier in the day that you posted this another member posted 8 of these corrections through the site feedback system. So I have now made corrections for Spa Lane Vaults (JD Wetherspoon), The County Music Bar, The Soulville Steakhouse, Inspirations and The Yellow Lion. I believe that the others are already dealt with.

Very odd!

Thanks for that.