I appoligise if this topic has already been covered on another thread, but I'm quite interested in stories behind the pictures the people have contributed to Pubs Galore. Maybe you have a tale to tell about a pub that has elluded you, or the lengths you have gone to get that all important photo. Let me begin by recounting the tale of a pub that has elluded me - until today!
I've been trying to photograph The Tavern (formally The Royal Well Tavern) in Cheltenham. I had already taken a photo of the pub under it's former name, however I've been to the location several times recently to take new photos, but each time the weather was lousy and would have made a rubbish photo, or the front of the pub has been littered with cars (there is a taxi rank next door).
I spotted the pub from a bus window today, the conditions were almost perfect for a photo. I leapt off the bus (not litterally!) and waited for the damned traffic to pass, adrenalin at fever pitch. I finally arrived at the right spot to take photos BUT the battery in my camera was flashing red to indicate that it was about to die on me. With extra adrenalin, I willed the camera to give me enough power to take the photos. Unfortunatey there were taxies parked outside, obscuring the pub. Just as I got my camera into position, one of the drivers pulled away - to my joy, allowing me to take the photos. I managed to take quite a few photos - they are not brilliant, but I finally got the job done. Phew!